Intellectual Curiosity In Our Schools
Last updated on 2013-01-09
About the Book
This December the authors at Education Is My Life decided to write about "Intellectual Curiosity" from a variety of educational perspectives. What ensued was a lively discussion about the state (or lack thereof) of curiosity in our classrooms.
Our perspectives covered in the book range from Principals (George Couros, Jimmy Casas, and Kevin Dougherty), secondary teachers (Steve Mogg and Desmond Hasty), an elementary teacher (Bill Selak), literacy coach and curriculum writer (Anthony Gabriele), technology instruction specialists (Dianne Krause and Robyn Hrivnatz), students (Evan Horn and Christopher Brouse), consultant and founder (Dr. Kristen Swanson). Many of our writers also teach at the university level (as well as speak around the world on education). Our educators come from public, private, and charter schools and have a wide range of experiences.
We hope you enjoy what you read in the book. More importantly we hope it piques your interest and inspires you to seek out curiosity not just in your school or work place but also in your own life.
Donation to the Edcamp Foundation
While the PDF Version will remain free to those who sign up early, the Kindle and iBook versions will have all proceeds donated to the "Edcamp Foundation". We truly believe in the Edcamp model of professional development and hope it continues to gain momentum in 2013. If you want to learn more about the Ed Camp Foundation please check out their website: http://edcamp.org/
- December 2012
- Donation to the Edcamp Foundation
- Intellectual Curiosity: Nurture It Often
- 20 Seconds of Insane Courage
- Less Time Teaching, More Time Learning
- Curiosity Does Not Equal Chaos
- Pursuing Personalized and Professional Intellectual Curiosity
- A Student, A Teacher, and A Staff Developer
- Student Voice: Promoting Intellectual Curiosity
- Intellectual Curiosity: Trapped by the Three C’s
- It Has To Be Intrinsic
- Student Voice: An Appetite for Curiosity and Wonder
- Rinse and Repeat
- Do our classrooms inspire and cultivate intellectual curiosity in children?
- Angelo and the Window
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...