Construct Game Starter Kit Collection
Construct Game Starter Kit Collection
A Cookbook of 16+ Classic Game Mechanics
About the Book
Start your own Game Studio!
- 33 General Game Licenses are included in this book -- a savings of $1,980 if purchased separately!
Construct Game Starter Kit Collection (1st Edition) is a hands-on guide for making browser games using both Construct Gaming Framework versions 2 and 3, in Community released editions. You may also purchase these chapters individually which includes both v2 and v3. This collection delves into 16+ of the greatest classical and popular game mechanics with 19 sub-genres (for a total of 35!). All are written in a fun and friendly style with completed projects and open-ended exercises that encourage you to build and include your own game assets and features. You’ll also download supporting tools to classify the book’s snippets and add your own modification.
The Construct Game Starter Kit Collection contains several sections. It starts with an Introduction into game perspective, modes, genres, workstation set-up, and generation tools. Part I demonstrates basic game mechanisms using Construct Gaming Framework. Each chapter is a separate game mechanic -- 16+ for Construct2 (and the same 16+ starter-kits for Construct3 in a separate Part III section)! This is a reference book; simply turn to the game chapter you'd like to create. In a matter of hours, you will have a working game prototype for that game mechanics using the Game Design System™ -- fully explained in the Construct Game Design workbook (1st edition). You then add your own artwork and additional game features; over the next few days, you have your own completed game ready to deploy in the "apps" stores.
You’ll find detailed working examples, with dozens of illustrations and many concepts you can freely apply to your own bespoke gaming projects. All the source code annotations enhance the book’s explanation. If you prefer, you can buy individual chapters - sold separately on LeanPub.com or Amazon.com
What you’ll learn:
By the end of this workbook, you’ll have integrated 16+ game mechanics into your own bespoke game designs:
- Adopted processes for business project management and agile software development.
- Organized a standard file structure for developing games in general;
- Used a blank game template to scaffold further game projects;
- Imported resources and game assets;
- Displayed, animated and moved game avatars on various screen renderings;
- Managed groups of game objects in Construct;
- Deployed heads-up display (HUD) on game scenes both inside and outside the canvas;
- Used customized web fonts;
- Incorporated multiple game-inputs (touch, multi-touch, accelerometer, mouse and keyboard);
- Included graphics effects (gfx) (particle systems, rotations, fades, shaders and more);
- Created and managed game phases;
- Managed permanent game assets across game phases;
- Optimized your game for various mobile devices;
- Integrated 3rd-party scripts and web services for Construct.
- Deploy single- and multi-player games.
- Web Sockets demystified for scalable massive online game deployments.
Who This Book Is For:
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.