C++17 & C++20
C++17 & C++20
About the Bundle
Learn all the features from C++17 and C++20!
About the Books
My book C++20 is a tutorial and a reference for the C++20 standard. It teaches you C++20 and provides you with the details of this new thrilling C++ standard. The thrilling factor is mainly due to the big four of C++20.
- Concepts change the way we think and program templates. They are semantic categories for the template parameters and enable you to express your intention directly in the type system. If something goes wrong, you get a clear error message.
- The new ranges library enables it to perform algorithms directly on the container, compose the algorithm with the pipe symbol, and apply them to infinite data streams.
- Thanks to coroutines, asynchronous programming in C++ has become mainstream. Coroutines are the base for cooperative tasks, event loops, infinite data streams, or pipelines.
- Modules overcome the restrictions of header files. They promise a lot. For example, the separation of header and source files becomes obsolete as the preprocessor. In the end, we have faster built time and an easier way to build packages.
3 reader testimonials
C++17 in Detail
Learn the Exciting Features of The New C++ Standard!
If you’ve ever asked “what’s in C++17 and what does it mean for me and my code?” — and I hope you have — then this book is for you.
Herb Sutter, herbsutter.com
Available also as the paperback version @Amazon and the interactive online course @Educative
C++11 was a major update for the language. With all the modern features like lambdas, constexpr, variadic templates, threading, range-based for loops, smart pointers and many more powerful elements, it was enormous progress for the language. Even now, in 2018, lots of teams struggle to modernise their projects to leverage all the modern features. Later there was a minor update - C++14, which improved some things from the previous standard and added a few smaller elements. With C++17 we got a lot of mixed emotions.
Although C++17 is not as big as C++11, it's larger than C++14. Everyone expected modules, co-routines, concepts and other powerful features, but it wasn't possible to prepare everything on time.
Is C++17 weak?
Far from it! And this book will show you why!
I spent hundreds of hours investigating how the new things work in order to make a nice and practical book for you. The book will not only save your time but also will guide you through all the nuances of the language.
The book brings you exclusive content about C++17 and draws from the experience of many articles that have appeared on bfilipek.com (and cppstories.com). The chapters were rewritten from the ground-up and updated with the latest information. All of that equipped with lots of new examples and practical tips. Additionally, the book provides insight into the current implementation status, compiler support, performance issues and other relevant knowledge to boost your current projects.
If you have experience with C++11/14 and you want to move forward into the latest C++ standard, then this book is for you.
Here are the features you'll learn:
Part One: C++17 Language features
- Fixes and deprecation
- Language clarification
- General language features
Part Two: C++17 The Standard Library
- String Conversions
- String Matching & Searchers
- Parallel STL
- Other Changes
Part Three: More Examples and Use Cases
- Refactoring with std::optional
- Using if constexpr
- Using [[nodiscard]] attribute
- How to parallelise applications
"C++17 In Detail" appeared in the Visual C++ Team Blog as suggested books for learning C++17!
Have a look: Books on C++17
Review @CppDepend Blog https://cppdepend.com/blog/?p=1180
Review @A Sawicki Blog: http://asawicki.info/news_1715_book_review_c17_in_detail.html
There's also a book page at Goodreads: C++17 In Detail @Goodreads
- The book is also available in print at Amazon: C++17 in Detail Paperback
- And also as an interactive course at Educative: C++17 in Detail: A Deep Dive
I optimized this book for a PDF reading experience, but other ebook formats should also look good. If you have any issues with the copies, let me know and I'll try to update the formatting.
5 reader testimonials
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them