About the Book
We find ourselves at some time in the future "After the Revolution", following the trials and tribulations of Jay, an adjuster/investigator who represents a vague computer system called WorldNet. It uses him as a check and balance to ensure that its decisions are correct and humane. He also catches and adjusts people who misuse resources and cause other kinds of mayhem. Jay believes he is an amalgam, a person who committed terrible crimes and was punished by having other people's memories forced into his head until he gained a sense of empathy and understood what he had done. He atones by helping WorldNet.
Odine was one of the founders of the Revolution and her quotes and musings pepper the book. Parts of her story are woven into the book. She became a national hero after committing a murder. She was also made like Jay, but in a different way. Her crime and what happened around it are known as the attack of common sense.
As Jay attempts to unravel the mystery of a priest drowned in his font he fights with flashbacks from his creation and discovers unsettling things about himself. He is pursued by the shadowy figure of Kervas, who might have helped to make Odine many years ago.
- Fragment 1: Blood and sand
- No when: Angel: Dream Time
- 2008: Carole: Only I lived to tale
- 2231: Jay: Blood and Sand
- 2040: Odine: Autobiographical Notes
- Fragment 2: The first cut
- No when: Angel: Mother’s Arms
- 1994: Kervas: A Life in vitro
- 2042: Carole: Latency
- 2031: Odine: Impossible Cyclopaedia – on the definition of Human
- Fragment 3: Is deepest red
- 2026: Carole: What colour is this?
- No when: Angel: Paradise
- 2022: Carole: At home with the Jetsons
- 2045: Odine: Think!
- Fragment 4: Cutting
- No when: Angel: The shape of pain
- 2231: Jay: Searching and sorting
- 2231: Jay: The journey
- 2031: Odine: The One Law
- Fragment 5: Examinations
- No when: Angel: Stretching a point
- 2231: Jay: Musings and Research
- 2231: Jay: Jaw Jaw
- 2231: Jay: Amalgam fragments
- 2052: Odine: Biographical Notes
- Fragment 6: Immortal Invisible
- No when: Angel: Red seeds
- 2231: Jay: I lay flowers on my grave
- 2040: Odine: Founding Congress of the Withering State Party
- 2231: Jay: Perchance to wake
- Fragment 7: Dead on Arrival
- No when: Angel: Refactoring
- 2035: Odine: Address to the Dissolution of the Progressive Party
- 2175: Kervas: What nobody knows
- 2017: Carole: Wet Monday
- 1997: Eddie: Screaming from the Streets
- 2018: Carole: The Attack of Common Sense
- 2030: Odine: The Blacksmith’s Anvil
- Fragment 8: Force Majeure
- No when: Angel: Dukkha
- 2017: Carole: No hope of a white wedding
- 2231: Jay: Them Thar Hills
- 2314: Jay: First, Cut Deeper – Jump Cut!
- 1994: Jay: Cold is goodbye
- 2231: Jay: Coming up for air
- 2231: Jay: Breathing again
- 2022: Odine: Confession
- Fragment 9: War War
- No when: Angel: The butterfly curve
- 2018: Kervas: The Church of Small Martyrs
- 2040: Odine: Heroine
- 2231: Jay: Running out of change
- 2231: Jay: Spinning
- 2231: Jay: The inch
- 1987: Mare: Destruction of now
- 2231: Jay: Beat back the blues
- 2231: Jay: Run for your life
- 2041: Odine: Letter to Fragmentation Review
- Fragment 10: Fire
- No when: Mother: Where has my darling gone?
- 2042: Odine: The other way
- 2020: Carole: Doctor, doctor?
- 2017: Carole: Blue Murder
- 2223: Jay: Punishments
- 2219: Joe Oracle: Exclusion
- 2221: Terd Gevalt: Inclusion
- 2223: Jay: Law like Love
- 2235: Robert the Spider: Embargo
- 2093: Odine: Beyond Common Sense
- Fragment 11: I lay my bloody fingers on you
- No when: Angel: Remember to breathe
- 2023: Odine: Small Martyrs on Tour
- 2022: Odine: Free Speech?
- 2022: Odine: Deposition - All I said
- 2223: Jay: Pranks and larks
- 2223: Jay: Closing in
- 2223: Jay: Quarry
- 2025: Odine: Bored now
- Fragment 12: Over the Rainbow
- No when: Angel: Still
- 2224: Jay: Killer Queen
- 2024: Odine: The wounded continent
- 2131: Jay: The Queen
- 2025: Odine: I bought the company
- 2131: Jay: Descent
- 1972: Jay: Dead teachers don’t lie
- 2131: Jay: Blue Murder
- 2072: Odine: Trans Human
- 2047: Kervas: But our chains
- 2231: Jay: Slowtime
- 2231: Odine: Silent watcher
- 2231: Jay: The final hunt
- 1984: Marjorie: Shot messenger
- 2231: Jay: The Tigress
- 2197: Odine: 101 Impossible things before breakfast
- Fragment 13: Unlearning
- No when: Angel: Reports of death
- 2231: Jay: Double pump
- 1994: Jay: Mortal
- 2231: Jay: The Word
- 2231: Jay: The Deed
- 2072: Odine: Socrates and Plato
- No fragment
- After the revolution
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
El Manual del ManagerKeyvan Akbary, Félix López, and Álvaro Salazar
¿Has deseado alguna vez el haber tenido una buena introducción al rol del Engineering Manager? En este libro aprenderás lo necesario para ejercer el rol de una manera efectiva: Expectativas y Responsabilidades del Rol, 1-1s, Ayudar a Crecer, Objetivos, Planes de Carrera, Cultura, Feedback, Contratación, Cultura de Producto y mucho más.
Ansible for KubernetesJeff Geerling
Ansible is a powerful infrastructure automation tool. Kubernetes is a powerful application deployment platform. Learn how to use these tools to automate massively-scalable, highly-available infrastructure.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
CCIE Service Provider Version 4 Written and Lab Exam Comprehensive GuideNicholas Russo
The service provider landscape has changed rapidly over the past several years. Networking vendors are continuing to propose new standards, techniques, and procedures for overcoming new challenges while concurrently reducing costs and delivering new services. Cisco has recently updated the CCIE Service Provider track to reflect these changes; this book represents the author's personal journey in achieving that certification.
CCIE SP v4.1 - WorkbookŁukasz Bromirski, Piotr Jablonski, and Nicholas Russo
Are you striving to prepare to and pass CCIE SP lab exam? Take the opportunity and get this workbook! With the attached initial cfg files you will prepare yourself for the CCIE SP exam as well as learn SP technologies applicable to all kinds of today modern networks! This workbook covers blueprint topics and provides challenging examples.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Code Faster in DelphiAlister Christie
This book will make you a faster Delphi developer, it doesn't matter if you are just starting out, or have been using Delphi since version 1, you will find all sorts of tips, tricks and hacks to boost your productivity.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
Practical FP in Scala: A hands-on approachGabriel Volpe
A practical book aimed for those familiar with functional programming in Scala who are yet not confident about architecting an application from scratch.
Together, we will develop a purely functional application using the best libraries in the Cats ecosystem, while learning about design patterns and best practices.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud shouldn’t be driven by wishes, but guided by a sound strategy, frameworks, and decision models. This book tells you how—without becoming superficial nor getting lost in technology and product details.
11 BooksThe Quality Software Bundle is for managers, would-be managers, and any of us who find themselves being managed and confused. This comprehensive bundle covers the entire span of software development approaches, from hacking through waterfall, cascade, prototyping, Iterative enhancement, reusable code, off-the-shelf, to Agile teams. The bundle...
11 BooksIn this bundle, you will find 10 different agile books. They are about different aspects of being agile. - finding a job - doing coding dojo's - Retrospectives - Personal kanban - a non-typical coaching book and even a book that gives you an insight in the lives of some agile people.
WTFlop 6M + HU - Beta Bundle
Fifty Quick Ideas
3 BooksGet all three books for the price of two! Fifty Quick Ideas books are full of practical, real-world techniques that you can use to improve teamwork, build better products and build them in a better way.
Growing Agile: Coach's Guide Series
4 BooksThis bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity instructions to run a number of...
Marionette.js A to Z
Complete Scala Bundle
3 BooksScala is a general-purpose programming language and it's getting extremely popular these days. Some say that learning Scala could be a challenging task. My experience, however, suggests that this is actually a myth that has very little to do with reality. With the right approach, learning Scala can be easy, fun and rewarding.The first book from...
Build A Better Backbone App
3 BooksThe best way to learn new development skills is through experience, but that takes time you don't have.Get the best of both worlds with this bundle: you'll learn how to produce modern web applications by learning from experienced developers like Derick Bailey and David Sulc. BackboneJS is one of the favorite tools on the web today, but it...
People Skills—Soft but Difficult
7 BooksPerhaps you've been told that "lack of people skills" has been holding you back. No wonder: you may have had hundreds of hours of technical training, but little or no "people skills" guidance.You've heard it said that people skills are "soft," whereas technical skills are "hard." For you, though, technical skills are "easy," but people skills...