Last updated on 2017-05-16
About the Book
Value Planning (VP) means you will elicit and clarify critical stakeholder values quantitatively, and prioritize delivering those values, as soon as possible.
Key Planning Concepts
- STAKEHOLDERS: Identify your most critical stakeholders.
- OBJECTIVES: Identify the smart levels of their most critical value improvements.
- STRATEGIES: Identify potential strategies for delivering planned value levels to stakeholders, at lowest cost and risk.
- SMALL STEPS: Decompose strategies into suitably smaller deliverable increments.
- DELIVER VALUE: Attempt to deliver measurable value to some stakeholders.
- LEARN: Measure results and costs; then decide if you are on track, or need to change something. Continue the process until all goals reached.
- We will make use of our Planning Language, called ‘Planguage’ (‘PL’).
- The central capability of Planguage is that it can be used for any system of ‘product’ or ‘service’, at any level of abstraction or detail.
- Planguage is capable of expressing all results, improvements, values and qualities quantitatively.
- Planguage can help you plan, estimate and track delivery of all costs and resources.
- Planguage will help you keep numeric accounts of multiple critical values, and corresponding multiple critical resources, so you can manage value for money; i.e. the efficiency of planning, decision-making and contracted result deliveries.
- Planguage is extremely risk conscious at the level of every aspect of planning that might involve risk to your successful value delivery.
- Planguage not only helps with planning values and costs, but is consequently used to manage practical implementation, learning and feedback from plan application.
- Planguage will help you align and connect plans at many related levels of consideration, from top management to the most detailed level of planning you need.
- Planguage enables you to measure the quality of planning, and to set a release threshold for plans.
- Planguage has tools to automate plan specification, and to integrate your updated decisions and knowledge.
Right the Wronghttp://www.oxfamamerica.org
Oxfam America is a global organization working to right the wrongs of poverty, hunger, and injustice. We save lives, develop long-term solutions to poverty, and campaign for social change. As one of 17 members of the international Oxfam confederation, we work with people in more than 90 countries to create lasting solutions.
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms