Selling Test-Driven Projects
Last updated on 2016-08-02
About the Book
This books supports developers to sell their projects successfully while ensuring the appropriate level of quality. To achieve this, the author first outlines a rough business assessment framework before giving practical examples as to what steps should be taken to ensure that a negotiation is successful. This section should help individuals to successfully fulfill their communication roles.
"Judith Andresen has written a wonderful book that shares her experience with the rest of the world. With this book developers will learn how to "sell test-driven projects" to the rest of their organization." (Sebastian Bergmann, thePHP.cc)
- 1. SELLING TEST-DRIVEN PROJECTS
- 2. FROM PROCEDURAL PROGRAMMING TO THE TEST-DRIVEN PROCESS
- 3. AIMS OF TEST-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT
- 4. SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COSTS
- 5. TAKE ON AS LITTLE TECHNICAL DEBT AS POSSIBLE!
6. BUSINESS ASSESSMENT OF RISK SCENARIOS
- Disclosure of risks with ATAM
- ATAM allows for transparent decision-making processes
7. CALCULATING THE COSTS OF TEST-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT
- Calculating risks to bolster arguments
- Slower development but higher quality
- Define the degree of the test automation and coverage
8. STRATEGIC ARGUMENTS FOR THE INTRODUCTION OF TEST-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT
- Quality and sustainability as part of the service guarantee
- Initial additional expenditures which pay off for the client
9. NEGOTIATE THE OFFER CORRECTLY
- Step 1: Preparation
- Step 2: Meet and greet
- Step 4: Start of the negotiation process
- Step 5: Reaching an agreement
- Step 6: Bidding farewell
- Step 7: Following-through
10. DRAWING UP THE OFFER
- Content of the offer
- Is it possible to submit an offer without negotiation?
- 11. CONCLUSION
- APPENDIX: SOURCES
- APPENDIX: PUBLISHING NOTES
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.