About the Book
What you'll learn:
- Which parts of promises are synchronous and which are asynchronous
- How to effectively use promise chains to simplify your code
- The best way to catch errors in promises
- How to create your own promises
- Ways to work with multiple promises at once
- How async functions and await expression hide promise complexities
- What happens to rejected promises without rejection handlers
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free preview first.
Table of Contents
- About This Book
- About the Author
1. Promise Basics
- The Promise Lifecycle
- Creating New (Unsettled) Promises
- Creating Settled Promises
2. Chaining Promises
- Catching Errors
- Using finally() in Promise Chains
- Returning Values in Promise Chains
- Returning Promises in Promise Chains
3. Working with Multiple Promises
- The Promise.all() Method
- The Promise.allSettled() Method
- The Promise.any() Method
- The Promise.race() Method
4. Async Functions and Await Expressions
- Defining Async Functions
- What Makes Async Functions Different
5. Unhandled Rejection Tracking
- Detecting Unhandled Rejections
- Web Browser Unhandled Rejection Tracking
- Node.js Unhandled Rejection Tracking
- Download the Extras
- Support the Author
- Help and Support
- Follow the Author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them