The Ultimate Guide to Google Sheets
The Ultimate Guide to Google Sheets
Everything you need to build powerful spreadsheet workflows in Google Sheets.
About the Book
It's easy enough to list your expenses in a spreadsheet, use =sum(A1:A20) to see how much you spent, and add a graph to compare your expenses. It's also easy to use a spreadsheet to deeply analyze your numbers, assist in research, and automate your work—but it seems a lot more tricky.
Google Sheets, the free spreadsheet companion app to Google Docs, is a great tool to start out with spreadsheets. It's free, easy to use, comes packed with hundreds of functions and the core tools you need, and lets you share spreadsheets and collaborate on them with others.
But where do you start if you've never used a spreadsheet—or if you're a spreadsheet professional, where do you dig in to create advanced workflows and build macros to automate your work?
Here's the guide for you. We'll take you from beginner to expert, show you how to get started with spreadsheets, create advanced spreadsheet-powered dashboard, use spreadsheets for more than numbers, build powerful macros to automate your work, and more. You'll also find tutorials on Google Sheets' unique features that are only possible in an online spreadsheet, like built-in forms and survey tools and add-ons that can pull in research from the web or send emails right from your spreadsheet.
Chapter 1: Google Sheets 101—The Beginner’s Guide to Online Spreadsheets
- Getting Started with Google Sheets
- 1. Create a Spreadsheet and Fill It With Data
- 2. Format Data for Easy Viewing
- 3. Add, Average, and Filter Data with Formulas
- 4. Share, Protect, and Move Your Data
- That’s All For Now
Chapter 2: Google Forms Guide—Everything You Need to Make Great Forms for Free
- A Tour of Google Forms
- Building Your First Google Form
- Google Forms Field Options
- Form Sections and Logic
- Design Your Form
- Store Form Responses in a Spreadsheet
- Share Your Form
- Google Forms Add-ons
- Integrate Google Forms with MailChimp, Salesforce, Trello, and More
Chapter 3: Spreadsheet CRM—How to Create a Customizable CRM with Google Sheets
- Tools to Build Your Google Sheets CRM
- How To Build a CRM in Google Sheets:
- Add a Form to Your Spreadsheet
- Create a Contact Management System
- Qualify Contacts with Web Scraping
- Build an Outreach System with Social Media and Email
Chapter 4: Write Faster with Spreadsheets—10 Shortcuts for Composing Outlines, Research, HTML Tables and More
- Maintain an Editorial Calendar
- Build Detailed Outlines
- Import Data From Websites and Feeds
- Identify and Translate Text
- Format Text Automatically
- Combine Text from Cells
- Create Linked Text
- Display Images From a URL
- Create HTML Tables For Your Blog Posts
- Publish Your Spreadsheets
Chapter 5: How to Create a Custom Business Analytics Dashboard with Google Sheets
- The Tools to Build a Customizable Dashboard
- Decide What to Include in the Dashboard
- Get Data For Your Dashboard
- Build a Reporting Dashboard in Google Sheets
- Add Additional Metrics to Your Dashboard
- Beyond Google Analytics: How to Pull Data from Any App into Your Dashboard
- Create Your Own Spreadsheet Dashboards
Chapter 6: 50 Google Sheets Add-Ons to Supercharge Your Spreadsheets
- Getting Started with Google Sheets Add-Ons
- Data Gathering
- Text Tools
- Number Crunching
- Sharing and Publishing
- Email and Communication
- Build Your Own Google Sheets Add-ons
- How to Work Offline in Google Sheets
- Go Make Google Sheets Your Own!
Chapter 7: Automate Google Sheets—An Introduction to Google Apps Script
- Getting Started with Google Apps Script
- Building your First Script
- Exploring the Power of Google Apps
- What else can you do with Google Apps Script?
Chapter 8: Extra Resources to Manage Your Spreadsheets
- Google Sheets’ Getting Started Guide
- Google Sheets’ Functions List
- Google Sheets’ Add-ons Guide
- Find Alternate Spreadsheet Apps
- Create Templates for Your Most-Used Spreadsheets
- Effectively Organize Your Files and Folders
- Back up All Your Files
- Learn how to Build Great Forms and Surveys
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.