On People and Enterprise Architecture
On People and Enterprise Architecture
Tackling people-concerns in architecture-development
About the Book
This anthology from the Tetradian weblog explores how to make sense of how people interact and interrelate with enterprise-architecture, and where people fit within the overall enterprise-story.
This book includes about 40 posts and 50 images from the weblog. These posts are split into three groups:
- People-Themes: Theory - outlines some of the core theory about how to include people-themes within enterprise-architectures.
- People-Themes: Practice - provides worked-examples on how to tackle people-themes in enterprise-architectures.
- People-Themes: Big-Picture - shows how to adapt these principles and practices to people-themes that extend beyond the organisation and outward to the broader social-enterprise.
- PEOPLE-THEMES: INTRODUCTION
- PEOPLE-THEMES: THEORY
- Capabilities, reference-models and job-descriptions
- People, assets, relationships and responsibility
- Maslow’s Hierarchy isn’t a hierarchy
- An architecture of enterprise-culture
- Culture as chaotic adaptive system?
- The meaning of process
- The social construction of process
- Gamification and infinite-games
- On gamification
- Antifragility and bullying
- Why make enterprise-architecture more tangible?
- Relational-assets are not ‘possessions’
- Let them eat the cake of knowledge
- Knowing, doing, being
- Rules, principles, belief and faith
- PEOPLE-THEMES: PRACTICE
Modelling people in enterprise-architecture
- Vision and values
- Roles and responsibilities
- Capabilities and competencies
- Knowledge, process, people, and enterprise-architecture
- Listen for the real narrative
- Power and politics in enterprise-architecture
- Power-issues in EA – tread carefully…
On human ‘applications’ in EA models
- Identify the problem
- Example: reCaptcha
- Example: Mechanical Turk
- Example: Customer-support
- Questions and suggestions
- The craft of knowledge-work, the role of theory and the challenge of scale
- Pay, performance and the NHS
Who are your anti-clients?
- The enterprise and the market
- A real example: ‘United Breaks Guitars’
- Take action
- Who is the customer?
- Earthquakes and enterprise-architecture
- PEOPLE-THEMES: BIG-PICTURE
- Social media and the work/play split
- A question of Who
Power, people and enterprise-architecture
- Putting it into practice
- To understand shared-enterprise, look for the tattoos
- Rethinking the architecture of management
- The motivation dilemma
- Employees as customers of HR
- Feelings are facts
- On stakeholders
- Engaging stakeholders in healthcare-IT
- Hope, optimism and delusion
- Culture, remarkable
- The relationship is the asset
- Practical applications for enterprise-architecture
- On self-doubt
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.