Stitching for Dollars
Stitching for Dollars
Launch and run a thriving embroidery business
About the Book
Stitching for Dollars is a must read for anyone thinking about starting an embroidery business. Learn the crucial steps you should take to launch and run a thriving enterprise.
Why start an embroidery business?
- Advantages of running an embroidery business
- Disadvantages of running an embroidery business
- How much money can you make running an embroidery business?
- Calculating how much money you can make running an embroidery business
- Do you still want to start an embroidery business?
What you need to get started
- Naming and branding your embroidery business
- Deciding what to sell
- Obtaining an embroidery machine
- Setting up your workspace
- Buying supplies for your embroidery business
- Purchasing blanks for your embroidery business
- Deciding what to charge for embroidery
- Getting the word out
- Buying an embroidery business
Choosing an embroidery machine for your embroidery business
- What makes a good embroidery machine for a home-based embroidery business
- Factors not to consider when choosing an embroidery machine for your business
- The best embroidery machines for a home business
- A comparison of the best multi-needle embroidery machines for home businesses
- Purchasing a used multi-needle embroidery machine
- So have you decided on an embroidery machine for your embroidery business?
Pricing your embroidery work
- Factors to consider
- How to charge for your embroidery and monogramming services
- What is a hooping fee?
- What is a design stitch count?
- Typical formulas for calculating embroidery fees
- Additional factors affecting what you charge
- How to price embroidery items
- Additional embroidery fees to pass onto your customers
- If you charge like a business, act like a business
Marketing your embroidery work
- Marketing your embroidery business to local individuals
- Marketing your embroidery business to local businesses
- Marketing your embroidery business to non-locals
- A final word about marketing
Selling on Etsy
- What is Etsy?
- Why sell embroidered items Etsy?
- What does it cost to sell on Etsy?
- What kind of embroidered items could you sell on Etsy?
- Creating a successful Etsy shop
- How do you set up an Etsy shop to start selling embroidered items?
- Preparing to launch an Etsy shop
- What to avoid when selling embroidered items on Etsy
- Ready to start selling your embroidered items on Etsy?
Selling at craft shows
- What and where are craft shows?
- Can machine embroidered items be profitable at craft shows?
- How much does embroidery sell for?
- What embroidery items sell well at craft shows?
Selling on your own website
- Benefits of setting up an e-commerce website for your embroidery business
- Why sell your embroidered products through your own e-commerce website?
- Challenges associated with setting up an e-commerce website for your embroidery business
- How to set up an e-commerce website for your embroidery business
- E-commerce platforms
- Ready to set up an e-commerce website for your embroidery business?
- Additional tips for staring an embroidery business
Appendix: Supplies and helpful resources for staring and running your embroidery business
- Embroidery Supplies
- Blanks Suppliers
- Embroidery Machine Dealers
- Sources for Used Embroidery Machines
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.