Subject Matter Expert Elicitation Guide
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2017-11-26
About the Book
Please Note: This title is no longer available here. It is now republished by Springer/Nature/Apress.
This book arrives as another one in our series of short tutorials intended to be read in 1-3 hours, spanning no more than 100 pages so that you can understand big ideas quickly on a first pass. Then, when you want to go back and explore details in a deeper fashion, important concepts will be easy to find.
This tutorial teaches decision makers how to create reasonable assessments of uncertain variables in business case analysis. It is an extension and companion piece to Business Case Analysis with R: A Simulation Tutorial to Support Complex Business Decisions, It's Your Move: Creating Valuable Decision Options When You Don’t Know What to Do, and Information Espresso: Using Value of Information for Making Clear Decisions.
The purpose of this tutorial is to...
- help you recognize appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) to use in assessing information about uncertain events;
- provide you with a kind of script for helping SMEs acknowledge and assess their own bias;
- provide you with a routine to elicit the appropriate information from SMEs required to support high quality business case analysis.
The Subject Matter Expert Elicitation Guide provides a facilitation framework for overcoming many of the spoilers to clear thinking while providing a means to account rationally for uncertainty in business case analysis.
- 1.1 “What’s Your Number, Pardner?”
- 1.2 What You Will Learn
2. CONDUCTING SME ELICITATIONS
- 2.1 The Good SME
2.2 Conduct the Assessment
- 2.2.1 Define the Uncertain Event
- 2.2.2 Identify the Sources of Bias
- 2.2.3 Postulate and Document Causes of Extrema
2.2.4 Calibrate The Range of Uncertain Events with Probabilities
- 184.108.40.206 Discrete Binary Uncertainties
- 220.127.116.11 Continuous Uncertainties
- 2.2.5 Document the SME Interview
- 2.3 Closing Comments
- 3. KINDS OF BIASES
4. A SPECIAL OFFER
4.1 How to be a Business Analytics Jedi
- 4.1.1 Initial Discussion
- 4.1.2 Decision Simulation - Let’s Make A Deal
- 4.1.3 Clarifying Objectives
- 4.1.4 Generating Creative Alternatives
- 4.1.5 Clarifying the Sources and Effects of Uncertainty
- 4.1.6 Understanding Risk & Uncertainty
- 4.1.7 Taking Uncertainty into Account
- 4.1.8 Rolling It All Up
4.2 To Framing…And Beyond!
- 4.2.1 Immediate Application of Concepts
- 4.2.2 Beyond Framing
- 4.1 How to be a Business Analytics Jedi
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.