A Blogger's Guide to Getting Started with PowerShell 7
About the Book
A PowerShell community project highlighting new features in PowerShell 7 and why you should begin adopting it as your daily management tool. This ebook is an edited collection of articles published during a #PSBlogWeek event in March 2020 that focused on the release of PowerShell 7. The articles are written by members of the PowerShell community excited about everything that PowerShell 7 has to offer. The book is being offered for free. But the contributors hope you will consider making a small donation. All proceeds go to the OnRamp Scholarship Fund.
Adam Bertram is a 20+ year veteran of IT and an experienced online business professional. He’s a consultant, Microsoft MVP, blogger, trainer, published author and content marketer for multiple technology companies. Catch up on Adam’s articles at adamtheautomator.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow him on Twitter at @adbertram.
Prateek Singh is an Infrastructure Developer, an avid PowerShell blogger, and a community contributor. In 2017 and 2018, FeedSpot and SQLHack recognized his blog RidiCurious.com as among the “Top 50 PowerShell blogs in the world.” Find his open-sourced at GitHub, and reach out to him on Twitter at @singhprateik.
Prateek has written more than 250 articles on his blog and several other websites such as 4SysOps.com, IPSwitch.com, and TechTarget.com and also runs a YouTube channel. He is a published author of 3 books and contributing author of 2 Book and currently writing the 6th one, following is the complete list:
- About This Book
- About OnRamp
- About The DevOps Collective
- Getting Your Hands on PowerShell 7
- PowerShell 7 Profile Paths and Locations
- PowerShell 7 Experimental Features
- Getting Started Using SSH with PowerShell
- PowerShell 7 Remoting Cleanup
- ForEach Parallel
- PowerShell 7 Changes to JSON Cmdlets
- Staying Up to Date on PowerShell Releases with Update Notifications
- PowerShell Markdown Cmdlets
- Changes to Invoke-RestMethod in PowerShell 7
- What’s New with Select-String in PowerShell7
- Running PowerShell 7 Commands Directly on Ansible Localhost
- Defining and Changing Who You Are with PowerShell Classes and Update-List
- Error Handling in PowerShell 7 with Get-Error and $Errorview
- PowerShell 7 Chain and Ternary Operators
- Exploring… Nothing? PowerShell 7’s Null Conditional Operators
- Using ANSI Escape Sequences in PowerShell
- PowerShell 7, VS Code, and the PowerShell VS Code Extension
- PowerShell 7 Cross-Platform Scripting Tips and Traps
- Release Notes
DevOps Collective Scholarshipshttp://devopscollective.org
Support IT education scholarships by giving to The DevOps Collective, Inc.
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.