Painless Docker (The Book + The Code + The Bonus Chapters)
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2017-06-12
About the Book
Docker is a powerful tool, however learning how to use it the right way could take a long time. Engineers and developers are confused in front of the rapidly growing cloud and containers ecosystem, many of them have found some difficulties to enter the containers world.
Painless Docker is a gate to enter Docker's world and master it, you will find that using Docker is easy and efficient for your development and operations environments.
Painless Docker is a complete and detailed guide to master Docker and a great part of its ecosystem. The book is designed for beginners and for intermediate levels : You will be guided step by step from the simple basic concepts to the advanced powerful features in order to master Docker and microServices from development to production using Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes and other interesting tools.
The 10 most important things you’ll learn
- Basics & Advanced Concepts Of Docker: More than an introduction to Docker
- Building Your Own Images & Running Containers In Production: From build to run
- Docker Volumes, Networking & Advanced Concepts Like SDN, Docker Events, Storage Drivers, Cloud Drivers ..etc : Managing your filesystem, your networks and you Docker cluster
- Optimizing Docker: Build better images and run better containers
- Building Your Own Docker Monitoring Tool Using Docker API: Use Docker API
- Docker Logging & Debugging: Check your Docker health and fix problems
- Docker Orchestration Using Swarm, Kubernetes & Rancher: The Docker ecosystem
- Using Docker To Build Microservices Architecture: Microservices and containers have common patterns
- Docker Security And Best Practices: What you will need to run a stable and secured production system
- Using Docker to Build & Run Microservices: Use Docker with other cloud services to prototype a microservices application
Docker and the Docker logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Docker, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
The Book + The Code + The Bonus Chapters
IT Ops engineer, IT consultant
Great book! Helped me to finish few projects based on Docker. Thank you Aymen!
Digital Solution Architect at Ericsson
I'v been using docker ecosystem for 1 year or so. I had tried to refer to various documentations available and purchased courses on Udemy, Linux Foundation as well but none of them is as comprehensive ,hands-on, practical use-case driven which this book covers. I will surely refer this to professionals working in area of SDN,NFV and using docker on a daily basis.
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms