The DevOps Bundle
The DevOps Bundle
About the Bundle
Master two powerful DevOps tools: Docker & SaltStack
Unlock The Power Of Docker & Its Ecosystem
Docker is a powerful tool, however learning how to use it the right way could take a long time. Engineers and developers are confused in front of the rapidly growing cloud and containers ecosystem, many of them have found some difficulties to enter the containers world.
Painless Docker is a gate to enter Docker's world and master it, you will find that using Docker is easy and efficient for your development and operations environments.
Painless Docker is a complete and detailed guide to master Docker and a great part of its ecosystem. The book is designed for beginners and for intermediate levels : You will be guided step by step from the simple basic concepts to the advanced powerful features in order to master Docker and microServices from development to production using Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes and other interesting tools.
The 10 most important things you’ll learn
- Basics & Advanced Concepts Of Docker: More than an introduction to Docker
- Building Your Own Images & Running Containers In Production: From build to run
- Docker Volumes, Networking & Advanced Concepts Like SDN, Docker Events, Storage Drivers, Cloud Drivers ..etc : Managing your filesystem, your networks and you Docker cluster
- Optimizing Docker: Build better images and run better containers
- Building Your Own Docker Monitoring Tool Using Docker API: Use Docker API
- Docker Logging & Debugging: Check your Docker health and fix problems
- Docker Orchestration Using Swarm, Kubernetes & Rancher: The Docker ecosystem
- Using Docker To Build Microservices Architecture: Microservices and containers have common patterns
- Docker Security And Best Practices: What you will need to run a stable and secured production system
- Using Docker to Build & Run Microservices: Use Docker with other cloud services to prototype a microservices application
Docker and the Docker logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Docker, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
3 reader testimonials
Saltstack For DevOps
Extremely fast and simple IT automation and configuration management
What SaltStack For DevOps Teaches
This book is a fruit of long hours of work and self-learning. Through this book, it's your turn to discover Saltstack, I will be your guide.The 10 most important tips you’ll learn
- Configuration Management And Data Center Automation.
- Advanced installation of SaltStack with a practical installation case.
- Configuration and troubleshooting.
- SaltStack concepts like master, minion, syndic, key management, runners, configurations, states and top file, event-based execution, formulas.
- Using SaltStack to provision and control a Vagrant environment.
- Using SaltStack with a Docker container and monitoring Docker host system.
- Using Salt Cloud to provision and configure virtual machine on the Cloud
- Real world examples: installation and configuration of Apache web server, creating you own private storage cloud (SaltStack + Vagrant + OwnCloud), monitoring minions, scheduling monitoring tasks, automating wordpress / LAMP installation and configuration, using Vagrant and Docker..etc
- SaltStack best practices with a practical cheat sheet.
- Getting help and contributing to SaltStack community
===========To whom is this book addressed ?
To developers, system administrators and anyone faced to work in one of these environments in collaboration with the other or simply in an environment that requires knowledge in development and system administration.Does this book includes real cases and examples ?
Through this book, you will learn how to install configure and use Saltstack. At the end, you will go through a chapter where some good examples and practical use cases are explained..Is it easy to learn SaltStack ?
This book contains technical explanations and shows in each case an example of a command or a configuration to follow, this will ensure that you have a good understanding of each part before moving to the next one.Why I wrote this book ?
I tried SaltStack first time when I saw my team taking more than 3 days to configure hosted platforms at each deployment ! After using SaltStack, the same procedure was taking less than 1/2 hour..
6 reader testimonials
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...