Mastering Python Network Automation
Mastering Python Network Automation
Automating Container Orchestration, Configuration, and Networking with Terraform, Calico, HAProxy, and Istio
About the Book
With "Mastering Python Network Automation," you can streamline container orchestration, configuration management, and resilient networking with Python and its libraries, allowing you to emerge as a skilled network engineer or a strong DevOps professional.
From the ground up, this guide walks readers through setting up a network automation lab using the NS3 network simulator and Python programming. This includes the installation of NS3, as well as python libraries like nornir, paramiko, netmiko, and PyEZ, as well as the configuration of ports, hosts, and servers. This book will teach you the skills to become a proficient automation developer who can test and fix any bugs in automation scripts. This book examines the emergence of the service mesh as a solution to the problems associated with service-to-service communication over time.
This book walks you through automating various container-related tasks in Python and its libraries, including container orchestration, service discovery, load balancing, container storage management, container performance monitoring, and rolling updates. Calico and Istio are two well-known service mesh tools, and you'll find out how to set them up and configure them to manage traffic routing, security, and monitoring. Additional topics covered in this book include the automation of network policies, the routing of workloads, and the collection and tracking of metrics, logs, and traces. You'll also pick up some tips and tricks for collecting and visualizing Istio metrics with the help of tools like Grafana.
- Use of Istio for cluster traffic management, traffic routing, and service mesh
- Utilizing Cilium and Calico to solve pod networking and automate network policy
- and workload routing.
- Monitoring and managing Kubernetes clusters with etcd and HAProxy load
- balancers and container storage.
- Establishing network automation lab with tools like NS3 emulator, Python, Virtual
- Environment, and VS Code.
- Establishing connectivity between hosts, port connectivity, SSH connectivity,
- python libraries, NS3, and network encryption.
Table of Content
- Python Essentials for Networks
- File Handling and Modules in Python
- Preparing Network Automation Lab
- Configuring Libraries and Lab Components
- Code, Test & Validate Network Automation
- Automation of Configuration Management
- Managing Docker and Container Networks
- Orchestrating Container & Workloads
- Pod Networking
- Implementing Service Mesh
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.