Creating a Markua Parser in Perl 5
Last updated on 2019-04-21
About the Book
Markua is Markdown-inspired format created by Peter Armstrong to write books. It is used by LeanPub, the company where this book is published. Heck, even this book is written using the Markua format.
LeanPub has its own Markua parser written in Ruby.
This book follows the development of a Markua parser written in Perl.
As a reader of this book you will learn how to develop an application using TDD - Test Driven Development. That is, before every change we are going to create a test-case.
You will see how to set up Continuous Integration (CI) and how to monitor the test coverage.
As every development process it won't be without mistakes and setback. We will certainly see bugs being introduced and then fixed. Imperfect code written and then refactored.
In a nutshell, you will be able to see first-hand many of the best practices of today's development process.
- v0.03 2018-03-29
- V0.02 2018-03-28
- v0.01 2018-03-24
- Error reporting
- Implementing a Markua Parser in Perl 5
- Start writing the Markua parser in Perl
- Creating Makefile.PL and a CPAN distribution for the Markua Parser
- Travis-CI for the Markua Parser project
- Add test coverage reporting with Coveralls to Markua Parser in Perl
- Enable Appveyor (CI on Windows) for the Perl 5 Markua Parser
- Process the 6 headers of Markua
- Refactor test cases of the Markua Parser in Perl 5
- Collecting errors while parsing Markua in Perl 5 - disregarding empty rows
- Get Coveralls to notify when test-coverage shrinks
- Consider everything not recognizable as a paragraph in Markua
- Markua resources: Include files
- Generate test expectations for the Markua parser
- Parse bulleted list in Markua
- Parse numbered list in Markua
- Release the Markua::Parser to CPAN
- Add attributes to Markua - round 1
- Test coverage report with Devel::Cover for the Markua Parser
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.