This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-04-14
About the Book
lego4scrum has been known since the first paper written back in 2009. Since that time thousands of people facilitated this business simulation to demonstrate the power of the Agile principles and the Scrum framework.
This book combines the learnings of the past eight years facilitating lego4scrum workshops with groups of 10 to 150 participants.
This book is written for:
- Scrum Trainers exploring way of adding more elements of interactivity and gaming into the trainings turning them more to “from the back of the room” kind of things.
- Agile Coaches looking for new training and coaching ideas with some elements of serious plays and simulations.
- Scrum Masters willing to get ideas how to introduce agile thinking to new teams and newcomers in a fun and easy way.
- Professors and Teachers trying to adapt their teaching style to the ever-changing world that is full of games, fun and LEGO.
- Anyone else who is in charge of "installing Agile thinking and Scrum in a workspace".
lego4scrum 3.0 incorporates the following popular agile coaching techniques:
- user story mapping
- magic estimates
- overall backlog refinement with multiple teams
- joint multi-team scrum meetings
- continuous integration and deployment
- and more little tips and tricks to make the simulation valuable and fun.
Get the book, get some LEGOs and have fun with this.
- Foreword by Henrik Kniberg
About the 3rd Edition
- This Book Is For You
- A Complete Guide (But Not Final)
- What’s New In This Edition (And Why You Need To Have One)
The Huge Success of lego4scrum - Thanks to You!
- Translation Project
- The Marvellous Community
- Stay Tuned!
Before You Unpack LEGO
- Unfold Your Agile Mindset
Game Design and Principles of lego4scrum
- Am I Allowed To Customize lego4scrum?
- Principles Behind lego4scrum
- A Summary: Don’t Call It lego4scrum, If
Walking Skeleton of the Simulation
- Pre-game: Defining the Product
- In-game: Building the Product
- Post-game: Debrief
- Next Chapters
Preparing the Learning Environment
- Room Setup
- Stationary and Materials
- Duct Tape
Pre-game: Defining the Product
- Setting the Stage
- Forming Teams and Selecting Roles
- Pitching the Vision
- User Story Mapping
- Refining the Product Backlog (Overall Backlog Refinement)
- Re-Prioritizing the Product Backlog
- Next: How about Building Something, Actually?
In-game: Building the Product
- Planning a Sprint
- Building an Increment
- Reviewing an Increment
- Retrospecting the Process
- Planning Next Sprint
- Post-game: Debrief
Getting More of lego4scrum: Three Simulation Dimensions
- Dimension 1: Product Owner and Development Teams
- Dimension 2: Customers and Product Organization
- Dimension 3: Large-Scale Scrum
- Picking the Right Dimension
- If this is all too abstract…
Finally: Ideas on Scaling
- Things to Consider When Going Large-Scale
- This Is Just One Idea…
- LeSS Huge
- Inter-Product Features
- Extended Product Vision
- Self-Designing Teams
- Teams Buying Resources
- Scaled Simulation Outline
- Big Times For Scaling - Detailed Report is Out!
- That’s All, Folks!
About The Author
- Who am I?
- Powder skiing, friends, juices and lego4scrum
- My blogs and projects
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.