About the Book
lego4scrum has been known since the first paper written back in 2009. Since that time thousands of people facilitated this business simulation to demonstrate the power of the Agile principles and the Scrum framework.
This book combines the learnings of the past eight years facilitating lego4scrum workshops with groups of 10 to 150 participants.
This book is written for:
- Scrum Trainers exploring way of adding more elements of interactivity and gaming into the trainings turning them more to “from the back of the room” kind of things.
- Agile Coaches looking for new training and coaching ideas with some elements of serious plays and simulations.
- Scrum Masters willing to get ideas how to introduce agile thinking to new teams and newcomers in a fun and easy way.
- Professors and Teachers trying to adapt their teaching style to the ever-changing world that is full of games, fun and LEGO.
- Anyone else who is in charge of "installing Agile thinking and Scrum in a workspace".
lego4scrum incorporates the following popular agile coaching techniques:
- user story mapping
- magic estimates
- overall backlog refinement with multiple teams
- joint multi-team scrum meetings
- continuous integration and deployment
- and more little tips and tricks to make the simulation valuable and fun.
Get the book, get some LEGOs and have fun with this.
About the Author
Alexey Krivitsky is a Lean-Agile practitioner with deep hands-on experience. The First Scrum project was run in 2003. Since then, Alexey has been coaching teams and helping organizations gain more agility. Alexey has an engineering background and is a software developer.
In 2008, Alexey kicked off the AgileUkraine.org community and since then, he has co-produced dozens of Agile events, including the sounding Agile Eastern Europe conferences 2009-2015. He is a public speaker. Alexey is also one of the few Certified Scrum Trainers.
Alexey is the author behind one of the most popular teaching simulations of Scrum with LEGO, which has been translated into more than 15 languages.
Alexey's professional websites: