Mastering the Grails Resources Plugin
About the Book
Grails is a powerful web application framework with a vibrant plugin community.
One of the most important plugins is the Resources plugin that manages and optimises static resources.
Optimising your app's resources can be the difference between success and failure. Slow page load times can turn your customers off, and yet massive performance gains can be had easily.
This book, by the architect and primary developer of the Resources plugin, covers all you need to know and a lot more that you probably thought you didn't need to know about serving static resources.
Inside you will learn, among other things:
- Why you need to care about serving static resources well
- The difference between ad-hoc, declared & legacy resources
- How to get your pages served as quickly as possible
- How resource modules & dependencies affect your app's request performance, and strategies for improvement
- How to make your own Grails plugins' resources play nicely with applications
- Why "caching and hashing" means an end to "Did they flush their cache?" problems
- How to optimise resources using caching, zipping, minifying, CDNs etc.
- How resource mappers work and how to write your own
- How to debug resource problems
If there is enough interest expressed in the book, work will begin in Jan 2013 and content will be published as it is written.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.