The Technological Future of Medical Specialties
Last updated on 2019-05-09
About the Book
Every medical specialty will transform differently due to the technological revolution. On certain fields, such as nursing, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynecology, innovation will have much less impact than on dentistry, cardiology or pathology. In this e-book we specify in detail how the appearance of artificial intelligence, sensors, wearables, VR/AR or robots affect each medical specialty in order to be able to discern what skills physicians will need in the future.
We aim to show how physicians of the various professions can successfully prepare for the sweeping changes coming with the waves of technology. We want to go against the fears that artificial intelligence, robots or any other innovative solutions will take over doctors’ jobs. While digital technologies certainly have the capacity to take over administrative tasks, organizational processes or even simpler diagnostic steps, the expertise of medical professionals is irreplaceable. Especially if they recognize that their jobs can be much more efficient, creative or even fun if they embrace digital technologies. At the moment, as these innovations are still in the early days of their usage, that doesn’t always seem so.
However, we are certain that technologies will unburden doctors, nurses and other medical professionals in the long run, especially if they learn in time how to cooperate with technologies successfully. Here’s our guide on how to do that.
Editor-in-chief at The Medical Futurist
1) RADIOLOGY AND THE PROMISE OF A.I.
2) THE DIGITAL FUTURE OF PATHOLOGY
3) TECHNOLOGY IN THE FUTURE OF CARDIOLOGY
4) DIGITAL INNOVATIONS AIDING DERMATOLOGY
5) EMERGENCY MEDICINE IN THE AGE OF TECHNOLOGY
6) SURGERY AND THE PROMISE OF INNOVATION
7) THE CHATBOT-ENHANCED FUTURE OF PRIMARY CARE
8) THE PROMISE OF TECHNOLOGY FOR THE ELDERLY
9) THE REAL CSI: THE FUTURE OF FORENSIC MEDICINE
10) THE WORLD OF WOMEN’S HEALTH AND OB/GYN
11) THE TECHNOLOGY-INDUCED FUTURE OF PEDIATRICS
12) THE FIGHT AGAINST INFECTIONS THROUGH BIG DATA
13) THE FUTURE OF CANCER CARE
14) VISION, EYE CARE AND INNOVATION
15) DENTISTRY AND ORAL HEALTH IN THE FUTURE
16) THE SENSORY POTENTIAL OF SPORTS
MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION
17) FUTURISTIC INNOVATIONS IN PULMONOLOGY
18) SOLUTIONS AIDING OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY
19) THE FUTURE OF ENDOCRINOLOGY
AND GASTROENTEROLOGY CENTERS AROUND TECH
20) HOW COULD TECHNOLOGY APPEAR IN PSYCHIATRY?
+1 THE FUTURE OF NURSES:SUPERHEROES AIDED BY TECHNOLOGY
PATIENT INVOLVEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
GENERAL MEDICAL SKILL SET TO THRIVE IN THE FUTURE
WHAT COMES NEXT?
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.