Ambitious Ember Applications
Ambitious Ember Applications
A comprehensive Ember.js tutorial
About the Book
This book is a crash course on Ember.js and Ember CLI. After finishing it you should have enough knowledge to decide if Ember.js is the right choice for you; and if you do you should be proficient enough with it to start developing complex applications using it.
The goal of this book it to get you started with Ember.js and Ember CLI in a shortest time span possible. It is focused and packed with knowledge — during the course of this book you will build simple application which will help you understand conventions and concepts behind the framework. Each piece of code is explained in detail deep enough to give you insight into the Ember.js.
Each chapter is divided into two parts — in first one you will learn about basic Ember concepts and try to implement them using Ember Starter Kit. In second part of each chapter you will be utilising your knowledge using Ember CLI — powerful tool to help you develop Ember applications.
- Needed Knowledge
- So What Are We Building?
- How to read this book
1. Setting Things Up
- 1.1 Turning Starter Kit Inside Out
- 1.2 Where the Magic Happens
- 1.3 Installing Ember Inspector
- 1.4 Ember CLI Way
2. First Templates, First Routes
- 2.1 Introduction to Templates
- 2.2 Adding our First Route
- 2.3 Providing Content for our Route
- 2.4 Ember CLI Way
- 2.5 Defining New Route
- 2.6 Adding Navigation Bar
- 2.7 Adding Class for Active Link
- 2.8 Creating New Template
- 3.1 Our First Controller
- 3.2 Computed Properties (Properties as Functions)
- 3.3 Ember Controller Types
- 3.4 Ember CLI Way
4. Routing, View Tree and Naming Conventions
- 4.1 Inspecting View Tree
- 4.2 Naming Conventions
- 4.3 Ember CLI Way
5. First Tests
- 5.1 Testing Index Route
- 5.2 Ember CLI Way
6. Working with Real Data
- 6.1 Defining Fixtures
- 6.2 Navigating Through Application
- 6.3 Inspecting Promises
- 6.4 Updating Our Tests
- 6.5 Ember CLI Way
7. Relating Models
- 7.1 Preparing Fixtures and Models
- 7.2 Creating Relations
- 7.3 Ember CLI Way
8. Managing Authentication
- 8.1 Basic Theory Behind Authentication
- 8.2 Let the Authentication Begin
- 8.3 Signing User Out
- 8.4 Binding Properties
- 8.5 Testig Signing-in
- 8.6 Ember CLI Way
9. Asking Our First Question
- 9.1 Testing What We Did
10. Answering Questions
- 10.1 Modelling Our Data
- 10.2 Introducing Mixins
- 10.3 Empty states
- 10.4 Testing our Changes
- 10.5 Ember CLI Way
11. Cleaning Templates Up
- 11.1 Components
- 11.2 Partials
- 11.3 Views to the Rescue
- 11.4 Mighty Render
- 11.5 Ember CLI Way
12. Nesting Views, Editing Records, Helpers
- 12.1 Making Things Neat With Helpers
- 12.2 Editing Questions
- 12.3 Final Tests
- 12.4 Ember CLI Way
13. Summing Things Up
- 13.1 Naming Conventions
- 13.2 Ember Under Microscope
- Stubbing Out Fixture Querying
- Using Fixtures with Ember CLI
- Sending Authentication Token with Every Request
- Setting Model Out of the Context
- Make localStorage Observable by Ember
- View VS Component — Which One to Use
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.