PHP Data Persistence with Doctrine 2 ORM - Important notice: Book moved to apress!
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2013-08-23
About the Book
Important notice: Book moved to apress! Please check out: http://www.apress.com/book/9781484225585 (print & ebook!)
Doctrine 2 takes the pain out of dealing with relational databases in an object oriented programming world - and this book shows you how it works and how you can save time and money by simply coding less while accomplishing more with Doctrine 2.
Michael Romer is the author of "Web Development with Zend Framework 2", the best-selling Zend Framework 2 book on Leanpub and Amazon. He has years and years of experience in the Internet Industry and used to work for global players like eBay. He knows what you need to know about Doctrine 2 - and it's in this book!
1 About this book
- 1.1 Software version
- 1.2 Database system
- 1.3 Code downloads
- 1.4 Conventions used in this book
- 1.5 An important notice for Amazon customers
- 2.1 Object oriented programming (OOP) & the Domain Model
- 2.2 Demo application
3 A self-made ORM
- 3.1 Loading an Entity
- 3.2 Saving an entity
- 3.3 Associations
- 3.4 Next steps
4 Hello, Doctrine 2!
- 4.1 Installation
- 4.2 A first Entity
- 4.3 A first Association
- 4.4 Core concepts at a glance
5 Defining entities
- 5.1 Mapping formats
- 5.2 Mapping objects to tables
- 5.3 Mapping scalar member variables to fields
- 5.4 Inheritance
6 References between Entities
- 6.1 One to one relationship, unidirectional
- 6.2 One to one relationship, bidirectional
- 6.3 One to many relationship, bidirectional
- 6.4 Many to many relationship, unidirectional
- 6.5 Many to many relationship, bidirectional
- 6.6 One to many relationship, unidirectional
- 6.7 Many to one relationship, unidirectional
- 6.8 One to one relationship, self-referencing
- 6.9 One to many relationship, self-referencing
- 6.10 Many to many relationship, self-referencing
7 Managing Entities
- 7.1 Creating a new Entity
- 7.2 Loading an existing Entity
- 7.3 Changing an existing Entity
- 7.4 Removing an Entity
- 7.5 Sorting an association
- 7.6 Removing an association
- 7.7 Life Cycle events
- 7.8 Cascading operations
- 7.9 Transactions
8 Doctrine Query Language
- 8.1 Introduction
- 8.2 Retrieving results
- 8.3 Constructing basic queries
- 8.4 Constructing join queries
9 Command line tools
- 9.1 Setting up the command line tools
- 9.2 DBAL commands
- 9.3 ORM commands
- 10.1 Introduction to ORM cache types
- 10.2 Caching backends
11 Advanced Topics
- 11.1 Zend Framework 2 integration
- 11.2 Native SQL statements
- 11.3 Doctrine 2 Extensions
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.