This book is 95% complete
Last updated on 2017-03-09
About the Book
What is a digital professional? What does the modern information technology practitioner need to know? Whether you are new to your career, or just confused by new trends like DevOps, this book is for you.
Researched and written from the ground up by a leading practitioner and educator, this book covers:
- Digital and IT value
- IT infrastructure, including Cloud
- Application delivery, including Agile and DevOps
- Digital product management
- Lean IT
- Operations management, including web-scale practices
- Coordination and process management
- Investment, finance, sourcing, and project management
- Organization and culture
- Governance of digital and IT organizations
- Information and data management
- Architecture and portfolio management
Using a unique scaling approach, "from startup to enterprise," the book treats the reader's understanding as an evolving system, introducing concepts as they become necessary to an organization's growth. Agile and Lean perspectives are woven throughout, with in-depth discussion of their impact on traditional IT management approaches.
Extensively researched with over 270 citations and 250 figures, and including discussion questions and research topics, this book is intended for both classroom and professional use. Developed and maintained using the same continuous integration principles it describes, the book is an adaptive product intended to grow with the digital profession.
The Leanpub Unconditional, No Risk, 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms