Avoiding Antinomianism and Legalism
About the Book
What does the Bible say about sex? This book answers these questions:
Is conception part of the Dominion Mandate? If so, are there limits to man’s dominion?
In what ways did the Fall impact the conception portion of the Dominion Mandate? In what ways does Redemption impact conception?
May a couple seek medical help in order to conceive? Are there limits to what medicine can ethically achieve in conception?
Are there sexual practices within marriage that the Bible prohibits? Where in the Bible does it mention spilling seed in a negative context and where does it speak of it in a positive context?
How does one’s view of birth control impact other areas of life?
- What is at stake?
1. Full Quiver, yes – legalism, no; what we have in common with the NCC movement
- I am genuinely thankful for the NCC movement
- Let’s recognize that legalism can easily invade even the best of movements
- Interacting With The Legitimate Arguments For NCC
2. Defining terms
3. How should we define sin?
- The Regulative Principle of Government
- The Principle of Liberty
- Applying these two principles
- Applying this to the Onan passage of Genesis 38
- Apply this to the “argument from silence”
4. What was the sin of Onan?
- The six Biblical laws violated by Onan
- Is “wasting” seed sin when it avoids the previous six sins?
- Discussion questions
5. Does BLCC violate the creation mandate for fruitfulness?
- Biblical principles related to the BLCC definition of fruitfulness
- The Law of God itself places limits on fruitfulness
6. The impact of the Fall on procreation
- God cursed conception by multiplying it “greatly”
- Other Scriptural support for the curse extending to conception
- Supporting evidence from the immediate context
- Discussion questions
- 7. The fallacy of the false dilemma (either/or)
8. The impact of redemption on procreation
- Exegesis and application of 1 Timothy 2:15
- Exegesis and application of Genesis 18:19
- Discussion questions
9. Is BLCC failure to trust God?
- General discussion
- Illustration of protecting a baby
- Illustration of trying to conceive
- Discussion questions
- 10. Can the pleasure of sex never be separated from procreation?
- 11. More logical problems with NCC
12. Ethical principles that restrict conception control
- Casting off a fertilized egg is abortion, a form of murder
- Menstrual sex not allowed, but not for reasons stated by NCC advocates
- Principles related to the health of the mother
- Principles ruling out permanent solutions
13. Which methods of conception control are lawful and which are not?
- Cautions on applying Biblical principles to scientific discoveries
- Methods typically used by Biblically Limited Conception Control
- Methods used by some BLCC advocates, but avoided by us because of potential health issues.
- Methods avoided by most BLCC because of controversies over health issues and potential of abortifacient mechanisms
- In closing
Appendix: Some Thoughts on the Legitimacy of Conception Control
- How does Christ’s work of redemption affect this judgment on men?
- What about the judgment God pronounced on the woman?
- Why Has Withdrawal Been Nearly Universally Considered Murder in Church History?
- Objections To Understanding Genesis 3:16 As Referring To An Increase In Conception
- About the author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Digital-First EventsJoep Piscaer and Jana Boruta
The only resource you will ever need to launch your digital events program.
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
The book is almost daily updated. These incremental updates ease my interaction with the proofreaders.
Sockets and PipesType Classes
Sockets and Pipes is not an introduction to Haskell; it is an introduction to writing software in Haskell. Using a handful of everyday Haskell libraries, this book walks through reading the HTTP specification and implementing it to create a web server.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
Algebra-Driven DesignSandy Maguire
A how-to field guide on building leak-free abstractions and algebraically designing real-world applications.
Introducing EventStormingAlberto Brandolini
The deepest tutorial and explanation about EventStorming, straight from the inventor.
node-opcua by exampleEtienne Rossignon
Get the best out of node-opcua through a set of documented examples by the author himself that will allow you to create stunning OPCUA Servers or Clients.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud can transform your organization, but it shouldn’t be driven by wishes. This book tells you how to develop a sound strategy guided by frameworks and decision models without being overly abstract nor getting lost in product details.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
Django for Beginners/APIs/Professionals
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
Linux Administration Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du Guide Linux Administration :Linux Administration, Volume 1, Administration fondamentale : Guide pratique de préparation aux examens de certification LPIC 1, Linux Essentials, RHCSA et LFCS. Administration fondamentale. Introduction à Linux. Le Shell. Traitement du texte. Arborescence de fichiers. Sécurité...
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
3 BooksBuy every PowerShell book from Adam Bertram at a 20% discount!
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
All the Books of The Medical Futurist
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy, digital health investments and how technology giants such as Amazon...