Avoiding Antinomianism and Legalism
About the Book
What does the Bible say about sex? This book answers these questions:
Is conception part of the Dominion Mandate? If so, are there limits to man’s dominion?
In what ways did the Fall impact the conception portion of the Dominion Mandate? In what ways does Redemption impact conception?
May a couple seek medical help in order to conceive? Are there limits to what medicine can ethically achieve in conception?
Are there sexual practices within marriage that the Bible prohibits? Where in the Bible does it mention spilling seed in a negative context and where does it speak of it in a positive context?
How does one’s view of birth control impact other areas of life?
- What is at stake?
1. Full Quiver, yes – legalism, no; what we have in common with the NCC movement
- I am genuinely thankful for the NCC movement
- Let’s recognize that legalism can easily invade even the best of movements
- Interacting With The Legitimate Arguments For NCC
2. Defining terms
3. How should we define sin?
- The Regulative Principle of Government
- The Principle of Liberty
- Applying these two principles
- Applying this to the Onan passage of Genesis 38
- Apply this to the “argument from silence”
4. What was the sin of Onan?
- The six Biblical laws violated by Onan
- Is “wasting” seed sin when it avoids the previous six sins?
- Discussion questions
5. Does BLCC violate the creation mandate for fruitfulness?
- Biblical principles related to the BLCC definition of fruitfulness
- The Law of God itself places limits on fruitfulness
6. The impact of the Fall on procreation
- God cursed conception by multiplying it “greatly”
- Other Scriptural support for the curse extending to conception
- Supporting evidence from the immediate context
- Discussion questions
- 7. The fallacy of the false dilemma (either/or)
8. The impact of redemption on procreation
- Exegesis and application of 1 Timothy 2:15
- Exegesis and application of Genesis 18:19
- Discussion questions
9. Is BLCC failure to trust God?
- General discussion
- Illustration of protecting a baby
- Illustration of trying to conceive
- Discussion questions
- 10. Can the pleasure of sex never be separated from procreation?
- 11. More logical problems with NCC
12. Ethical principles that restrict conception control
- Casting off a fertilized egg is abortion, a form of murder
- Menstrual sex not allowed, but not for reasons stated by NCC advocates
- Principles related to the health of the mother
- Principles ruling out permanent solutions
13. Which methods of conception control are lawful and which are not?
- Cautions on applying Biblical principles to scientific discoveries
- Methods typically used by Biblically Limited Conception Control
- Methods used by some BLCC advocates, but avoided by us because of potential health issues.
- Methods avoided by most BLCC because of controversies over health issues and potential of abortifacient mechanisms
- In closing
Appendix: Some Thoughts on the Legitimacy of Conception Control
- How does Christ’s work of redemption affect this judgment on men?
- What about the judgment God pronounced on the woman?
- Why Has Withdrawal Been Nearly Universally Considered Murder in Church History?
- Objections To Understanding Genesis 3:16 As Referring To An Increase In Conception
- About the author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
El Manual del ManagerKeyvan Akbary, Félix López, and Álvaro Salazar
¿Has deseado alguna vez el haber tenido una buena introducción al rol del Engineering Manager? En este libro aprenderás lo necesario para ejercer el rol de una manera efectiva: Expectativas y Responsabilidades del Rol, 1-1s, Ayudar a Crecer, Objetivos, Planes de Carrera, Cultura, Feedback, Contratación, Cultura de Producto y mucho más.
Ansible for KubernetesJeff Geerling
Ansible is a powerful infrastructure automation tool. Kubernetes is a powerful application deployment platform. Learn how to use these tools to automate massively-scalable, highly-available infrastructure.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
CCIE Service Provider Version 4 Written and Lab Exam Comprehensive GuideNicholas Russo
The service provider landscape has changed rapidly over the past several years. Networking vendors are continuing to propose new standards, techniques, and procedures for overcoming new challenges while concurrently reducing costs and delivering new services. Cisco has recently updated the CCIE Service Provider track to reflect these changes; this book represents the author's personal journey in achieving that certification.
CCIE SP v4.1 - WorkbookŁukasz Bromirski, Piotr Jablonski, and Nicholas Russo
Are you striving to prepare to and pass CCIE SP lab exam? Take the opportunity and get this workbook! With the attached initial cfg files you will prepare yourself for the CCIE SP exam as well as learn SP technologies applicable to all kinds of today modern networks! This workbook covers blueprint topics and provides challenging examples.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Code Faster in DelphiAlister Christie
This book will make you a faster Delphi developer, it doesn't matter if you are just starting out, or have been using Delphi since version 1, you will find all sorts of tips, tricks and hacks to boost your productivity.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
Composing SoftwareEric Elliott
All software design is composition: the act of breaking complex problems down into smaller problems and composing those solutions. Most developers have a limited understanding of compositional techniques. It's time for that to change.
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning BookAndriy Burkov
Everything you really need to know in Machine Learning in a hundred pages.
11 BooksIn this bundle, you will find 10 different agile books. They are about different aspects of being agile. - finding a job - doing coding dojo's - Retrospectives - Personal kanban - a non-typical coaching book and even a book that gives you an insight in the lives of some agile people.
WTFlop 6M + HU - Beta Bundle
Fifty Quick Ideas
3 BooksGet all three books for the price of two! Fifty Quick Ideas books are full of practical, real-world techniques that you can use to improve teamwork, build better products and build them in a better way.
Growing Agile: Coach's Guide Series
4 BooksThis bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity instructions to run a number of...
Marionette.js A to Z
Build A Better Backbone App
3 BooksThe best way to learn new development skills is through experience, but that takes time you don't have.Get the best of both worlds with this bundle: you'll learn how to produce modern web applications by learning from experienced developers like Derick Bailey and David Sulc. BackboneJS is one of the favorite tools on the web today, but it...
People Skills—Soft but Difficult
7 BooksPerhaps you've been told that "lack of people skills" has been holding you back. No wonder: you may have had hundreds of hours of technical training, but little or no "people skills" guidance.You've heard it said that people skills are "soft," whereas technical skills are "hard." For you, though, technical skills are "easy," but people skills...
SurviveJS - Webpack + React
2 BooksGet both SurviveJS - Webpack and SurviveJS - React for a single price!
Experiential Learning Bundle
4 BooksThis bundle provides all four volumes of the popular Experiential Learning Series at a savings of $20 over the price if purchased separately.