This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-10-04
About the Book
This book was born from the need to explain others that they can facilitate a coderetreat. After many first-time facilitator training sessions during the 5 years organizing Global Day of Coderetreat, we realized that we need another medium to explain coderetreat. It is true that the depth of facilitating and hosting can be understood only after dealing with these tasks. This book will help anyone who wants to facilitate or host a coderetreat to make that transition faster and to be more productive during the learning process.
- How Alex got involved in coderetreats, and why you should too
- About the book
- Support the book
Chapter 1: A bit of history
- How it all started
- Maria, Alex and the first coderetreats outside US
- Adi got involved
Chapter 2: Format
- Full day event
- A few more things
Chapter 3: How to facilitate
- What is a facilitator?
- The host
- Coderetreat day events
- Facilitation styles
Chapter 4: How to host
- The space
- Promoting the event
- Find a facilitator
- Dealing with no-shows
- Information for attendees at the venue
- Prizes or end of event surprises
- Socializing after a coderetreat
Chapter 5: Session Catalogue
- Session 1: Tackle The Problem
- Session 2: Maximum 4 statements per method
- Session 3: No predefined data structures
- Session 4: No conditionals
- Session 5: No mouse
- Session 6: No loops
- Session 7: Programming by Wishful Thinking
- Session 8: Ping Pong Pair-Programming
- Session 9: Silent Pair-Programming
- Session 10: Beginner’s Mind
- Session 11: Yes, and…
- Session 12: Solution Seeker
- Session 13: Brutal Refactoring Game
- Session 14: Taking Baby Steps
- Session 15: Teddy Bear Pair Programming
- Session 16: Evil Pair Programming
Chapter 6: Frequently Asked Questions
- Why attending the whole day?
- I want to facilitate. Where to start?
- I want to host. Where to start?
Software Developer, Completionist and officially appointed Code Cop
CTO of prodo.ai
Independent software consultant
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...