Self Compassion for Remote Workers (The Course)
Thank you for showing your interest in taking this course on Self Compassion for Remote Workers on Leanpub.
During the Pandemic, the fear around our jobs and the economy are resulting in setting wrong tones for the working environment at home.
It has resulted in the following situations
- longer working hours,
- the pressure of increased productivity and,
- an increased frequency of meetings and emails.
This is compounded by a lack of leadership skills for setting the right tone for working remotely.
Before we seek help from elsewhere, it's our responsibility to first help ourselves by loving ourselves and be an inspiration for others too.
Purchasing this course entitles you to all future updates.
This course will enable you to practice self-compassion and would also tell you about some of the sustainable activities, thus creating a lifestyle of compassion.
Hat's off to all you individuals who are your own leaders, let's be compassionate and establish a healthy remotely working culture.
This course is based on the content of the book Self Compassion for Remote Workers: Handbook for Sustainable Self Love by Kriti Telang Shrivastava, part of the Compassion Learning Campaign book series also available at the Amazon kindle store.
The Compassion Learning Campaign focuses on fostering a multidirectional flow of compassion in the workplace.
About the Author
Tarun Telang is an Experienced Leader and NASBA Certified Professional in Remote Work.
Please also share your feedback on Twitter or LinkedIn by mentioning him @taruntelang and include #selfCompassion tag in your tweets.
- Learning Objective
- Step 1 - Starting with Being Aware
- Common Perceptions about “Work from Home”
- Step 2 - Start calling “Work from Home”, “Working Remotely”
- Possible Workplace locations
- Step 3 - Setting up your dedicated work space
- Safe and Secure space
- Minimize Distraction and Disruption
- Place for equipment and material
- Setting up your virutal workspace
- Video Conferencing setup
- Communication Tools
- Collaboration Tools
- Step 4 - Dressing for remote work
- Being video ready
- Step 5 - Booking slots for Lunch and Dinner Breaks
- Step 6 - Clearly Defining your working hours
- Share your daily schedule
- Priortise your work
- Set boundaries
- Signal availability
- Take Breaks
- Check-in with you and others within your community
- Excercise - Setting up your work timings
- Step 7 - Take Small Breaks
- Write about your favorite sustainable activities
- Step 8 - Stay Connected
- Communicate often
- Make space for fun
- Virtual ‘water cooler’
- Step 9 - Tracking and Updating Work Status
- Step 10 - Communicate Actively and Frequently
- Step 11 - Take care of your Mental Health
- Care for everyone
- Course Assesment
- Share your Feedback
- Next Steps
- About the Author
Hi! My name is Tarun Telang. I am a software engineering leader with over 16 years of experience in the industry. I have been conducting training, presenting in conferences, writing technical articles, and blogs related to software technology for more than 15 years now.
- Self Compassion for Remote Workers - I am creating this course to enable software engineers to quickly adapt to this new normal due to the current pandemic situation and become more productive while following best practices of remote working in distributed software development teams.
- Getting Proficient in Java
- Introduction to YAML
For any suggestions and queries, you can reach out to me on my Twitter handle @taruntelang and also include #leanpub in your tweet so that I can notice it fast. Connect with me by visiting my LinkedIn profile page https://www.linkedin.com/in/taruntelang/
Feel free to share your feedback about my courses and books on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Oracle Certified Programmer for Java 5 Platform
- NASBA Certification on Remote Work
- SAP Certified Application Management Expert for End to End Root Cause Analysis - Solution Manager 4.0
- SAP Certified Development Consultant for NetWeaver 04 Java Web Application Development.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.