Getting Proficient in Java (The Course)
At the end of the course, you should be able to understand and use most of the Java syntax (including the latest additions to Java 17). This course will keep you updated with the latest Java language features.
Buying this course entitles you to all future updates.
If you work in a company that is still stuck using old Java code, you will be able to get your and your colleague’s skills up to speed and be able to refactor your code in a cleaner and more concise way.
This course is aimed at developers of every level, from beginner to advanced, who want to improve their Java skills. To learn about this course and the Java language here, watch this course overview video.
This course is for Software Engineers, Managers, and Software Leads / Architects who are looking to get their hands dirty with Java.
Thank you very much for your attention, and happy learning!
- About this Course
- What you’ll learn
- Course Highlights
- Target Audience
- Course Pre-requisites
- About the Author
- Java Overview
- Introduction to Java
- Key characteristic of Java
- Java Platform
- Programming in Java
- Java Development Kit
- Your First Java Program - Hello World
- Compiling And Execution of Java Code
- Java Language Basics
- Basic Constructs of Java Language
- Java Application
- Writing a Java Program using an IDE
- Java Architecture
- Java as a Platform
- Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Automatic Memory Management
- Java Keywords
- DataTypes in Java
- Primitive Data Types
- Non Primitive Types
- Arithmetic Expressions
- Precedence Order
- Type Conversion
- Type Casting
- Wrapper Classes
- Autoboxing and Unboxing
- Assignement on Primitive Data Types
- Non Primitive Types
- String Concatenation
- Escape Sequence
- Type Inference
- Value Types
- Reference Types
- Declaring Variables
- Formatting Numbers
- Local Scope
- Global Scope
- Console I/O
- Writing to Console
- Reading Input From User
- Control Flow
- Comparision Operators
- Conditional Statements
- Logical Operator
- Loops or Iterations
- Iterating over array
- Iterating over an Array using a
- Multidimensional Arrays
- Object Oriented Programming
- Benefits of Object Oriented Programming
- The Return Type
- Instantiating a Class
- Instance Members
- Static Members
- Access Control Modifiers
- Accessing members of a class
- Programming Paradigms
- Object Oriented Programming in Action
- Data Abstraction or Information Hiding
- Disadvantage of Inheritance
- Advantages of Using a class
- Advantages of Using a class
- Private Interface Methods
- Abstract Class
- Abstract Class Inheritance
- Exception Handling
- Runtime vs. Checked Exceptions
- Quiz on Exception Handling
- Overview of Threads
- Thread Priorities
- Thread Scheduling
- Types of Threads
- Life Cycle of a Thread
- Examples of Creating Threads
- Coding Guidelines and Best Practices
- Classes & Objects
- Glossary of Key Terminologies
- Important JDK Tools / Commands
- Programming Excercise
- Connecting with Author
- Next Steps
- Upcoming Books
- Functional Programming in Java
- What is Functional Programming
- Rules for functional programming
Hi! My name is Tarun Telang. I am a software engineering leader with over 16 years of experience in the industry. I have been conducting training, presenting in conferences, writing technical articles, and blogs related to software technology for more than 15 years now.
- Self Compassion for Remote Workers - I am creating this course to enable software engineers to quickly adapt to this new normal due to the current pandemic situation and become more productive while following best practices of remote working in distributed software development teams.
- Getting Proficient in Java
- Introduction to YAML
For any suggestions and queries, you can reach out to me on my Twitter handle @taruntelang and also include #leanpub in your tweet so that I can notice it fast. Connect with me by visiting my LinkedIn profile page https://www.linkedin.com/in/taruntelang/
Feel free to share your feedback about my courses and books on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Oracle Certified Programmer for Java 5 Platform
- NASBA Certification on Remote Work
- SAP Certified Application Management Expert for End to End Root Cause Analysis - Solution Manager 4.0
- SAP Certified Development Consultant for NetWeaver 04 Java Web Application Development.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.