Making Dating & Quiz Browser Games (The Course)
This Course is part of the following Tracks:
This course includes 10 attempts.
Discover how to create 3 online Dating and Trivia Quiz games using the production methods in this course. This is a "Mega" construction course; you learn 3 different online games using Dating & Quiz game mechanics. When you're finished, you will have a production pipeline to create as many different Dating or Quiz games as your imagination can dream of!
You'll also get bonus download examples, source code, abridged references on how to do every single thing in this course, so you can copy and paste these into your own game design and then modify those resources for your own purposes.
I would like to guide you in creating several styles of Quiz game mechanics. We will use these game mechanics, mechanisms and the development methods discussed in Phaser Game Prototypes . By the end of this tutorial, you should have a fully functional Dress-UP game and two different Quiz game styles using your own gaming assets. There is a supporting website where you can download the bonus content included with your course purchase.
This extraordinarily comprehensive course will teach you how to:
- Use Phaser v2.x.x
- Create 3 styles of Dating and Quiz games.
- How to integrate "Dating Simulations" and Quiz gaming mechanics into other game genres such as RPG!
- Use Phaser as a Progressive Web Application or Single Page Web Application for any device.
- Analyze current business demand for these game's genres and where to deploy them.
- Automatically generate new quizzes and dating simulations.
- Instructor Guides and teaching resources available for workshops in this course's special Teacher edition.
If you have any feedback or suggestions please join our email listing or participate in the forum for this course!
- Making Dating & Quiz Games
- Reference From:
- Course Objectives: The Goal
- Lesson: Game Mechanics
- Game Features
- Homework & Research:
- Dating Resources
- Exercise Lesson 1:
- Lesson 1 Quiz:
- Lesson: Game Examples & Research
- Your competition in the Market
- Game Tools & Generators
- Homework & Research:
- Exercise 2: Develop a Unique Game
- Lesson 2 Quiz:
- Lesson: Game Flow
- Network Impact
- Excerise 3: Network Research
- Lesson 3 Quiz:
- Starting a Dating | Quiz Game Project
- Project Files and Directories
- Step 0: Review these demonstrations:
- Step 1. Create our standard index file.
- Step 2. Create your standard game scenes.
- Step 3: Dating & Quiz Games’ Logic & Supporting Functions
- Game #1 – Menza Mental Math™: a math tutor game.
- Design Note:
- Game #1 code review
- Exercise Game 1:
- Game #1 Supporting Functions
- Exercise Game 1 Supporting Functions:
- Game #2 – Tomfoolery Trivia Topics™ – a simple trivia game
- Design Note:
- Database Construction Tools
- Creating various Languages
- Game #2 code review
- Game #2 Supporting Functions
- Exercise Game 2 Supporting Functions:
- answeredQ function – Lines 242 to 259
- btnOver function – Lines 260 to 287
- checkAnswer function – Lines 288 to 311
- gameOver function – Lines 312 to 318
- nextQuestion function – Lines 319 to 352
- Game #3 – Dating Veronica Darlene™
- Design Notes:
- New conversation dialog format
- Conversation Dialog Sequence
- Creating various Languages
- Game 3 updated question format
- Game 3 JSON format Skeleton
- Game Pool Technology
- Art Resources
- Facial Expressions
- Game #3 code review
- Exercise Game 3:
- Game #3 Supporting Functions
- Exercise Game 3 Supporting Functions:
- checkAnswer function – Lines 516 to 544
- clickContinue function – Lines 546 to 671
- gameOver function – Lines 674 to 678
- nextQuestion function – Lines 681 to 713
- More Game Starter Kit Tutorials
- Further Information
- Introduction References
Avatar is an adorable cartoon sketch of my wife. 45th anniversary this coming Sept 1!
Stephen Gose, Ph.D. Information Systems (honorary) (and second-generation German) is a retired Professor Emeritus with a 41-year career as a certified network engineer, and "Certified Cisco Academy Instructor" (CCAI) since 2002. He is listed in the Who's Who for Information Technology for his directly-related work for the Internet backbones found in the Caribbean, Netherlands, Israel, and Russia. He was awarded "Letters of Appreciation" from AT&T, and the German, Israeli, Dutch, and Russian Governments. Steve has nearly three decades of international "teaching and conference lecturing" in both Local-Area and Wide-Area Networks, network security, Internet backbones, software engineering, and program/project management. He is a retired US Army Signal Corps Officer. He earned, in 2014, the ITT Technical Institute's "Instructor of the Year" out of 8,000 instructors across 144 campuses throughout the USA.
He graduated from Grand Canyon University with his first B.A. in Religions and Music Education, then a B.S. in Business Admin. from the University of Maryland and an M.B.A in International Management from Liberty University.
He is currently pursuing his Th.D. He has served as a licensed minister since 1972 and as a missionary to Okinawa, Japan. He earned the US Army Chaplains Outstanding service award in 1983.
In his spare time(?), Steve enjoys creating online casual games, software engineering, and managing his online gaming businesses.
My driving theme: "Always stay humble and kind"
His personal website is: http://www.Stephen-Gose.com./
His game showcase is: http://www.renown-games.com
His theology website: http://kingdomofgodprinciples.com/
Game Support Site: http://makingbrowsergames.com/
Review my profile on LinkedIn.com: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-gose/
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them