Building SPAs with Elm
Building SPAs with Elm
About the Book
*Note: The price will start low, but as the value increases, so will the price, get yours now!*
You will learn the following topics:
- Set up an online development environment in Cloud9.
- Installing and using the Elm platform.
- Architect bigger Elm applications.
- Navigation and routing the Elm way.
- How to communicate between modules using the Elm Architecture.
- How to perform HTTP requests and parse JSON into Elm types.
- Deploy a real-world single-page application.
I stumbled at Elm a couple of years ago, but it wasn't quite ready, it had the concept of Signals which was off-putting at first, I ran into a number of errors when installing and running Elm code, and you had to install it through the Haskell environment for it work which was an issue for people not familiar with Haskell.
But the story is different now, by removing Signals the Elm architecture appeared making it much simpler to develop applications, we can now install Elm with a single command by just having Node installed, there are a ton of packages ready to be used, the tools that come with Elm are awesome and build tools are optional.
Join us in this journey where we will build RecipeVault, a single-page application where you will be able to register, login, search and store recipes as favorites, all of it using the Elm programming language. See you inside!
- What should I know?
- What are we going to build?
- What tools will be used?
- Creating the Cloud9 Workspace
- Installing the Node Dependencies
- Installing the Java Dependencies
- Creating and Running the Project
- Setting Up the API
- Creating a Helper Script
- Current Project
- Future Architecture
- Create and Update Modules
- Refactoring App to Our Architecture
- Update RecipeVault
- Navigation in Elm
- Routing Module
- Dummy Login
- Dummy SignUp
- Refactoring Our App Module
- API Analysis
- Creating the Module
- Integrating into Login
- Integrating into SignUp
- Difference Between Success and Error Parsing
Initializing Our Application with Data
- Adding Flags To Our Application
- Using Flags to Redirect Users
- Message Passing
- Local Storage and Port
- Defining the Types
- Creating the Decoders and Request
- Styling the View
- Saving the Recipe as Favorite
- Viewing the Favorite Recipes
- Fetching Favorite Recipes
- Deleting the Favorite Recipes
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.