Beginning Mobile App Development with React Native
Last updated on 2017-02-07
About the Book
You might have played with the thought of starting iOS app development, but hesitate to jump ships towards Object-C programming.
- Trademark notes
- Intended audience
Setting up your development environment
- Installing Homebrew
- Installing Node.js
- Installing Watchman
- Installing Google Chrome
- Installing the React Native CLI
Creating your first native iOS application using React Native
- Creating the app structure
- Starting the app
- Working on the code
React Native architecture explained
- A closer look at application creation
- How the different parts play together
Creating a first real app: BookBrowser
- Preparing the new application
- Planning the app
- Building the first screen
- Styling UIs with stylesheets
- The Flexbox system explained
- Adding text input
- Of points and pixels
- Handling events
- Logging and debugging
- Live reloading
- Setting up app screen navigation
- Navigating to a second screen
- Component properties - props
- Retrieving data over the network with the fetch API
- Component state
- Showing results with a ListView
- Displaying images
- Addding a book details screen
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.