The BDD Books - Discovery
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2018-02-23
About the Book
The book is also available in print on Amazon through http://bddbooks.com.
Written by the creator of SpecFlow and the author of The Cucumber for Java Book, this book provides inside information on how to get the most out of the discovery phase of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD). This practical guide demonstrates good collaboration techniques, illustrated by concrete examples.
This book is written for everyone involved in the specification and delivery of software (including product owners, business analysts, developers, and testers). The book starts by explaining the reasons BDD exists in the first place and describes techniques for getting the most out of collaboration between business and delivery team members.
This is the first in the BDD Books series that will guide you through the entire development process, including specific technical practices needed to successfully drive development using collaboratively-authored specifications and living documentation.
- Who this book is for
- Why you should listen to us
- How this book series is organised
- What is not in this book
- Online resources
Chapter 1 – What is BDD?
- 1.1 – The missing link
- 1.2 – How does BDD work?
- 1.3 – What about testing?
- 1.4 – A language that is understood by everyone
- 1.5 – Living documentation
- 1.6 – What is BDD, then?
- 1.7 – What we just learned
Chapter 2 – Structured conversation
- 2.1 – Where is my pizza?
- 2.2 – A useful meeting
- 2.3 – Collecting examples
- 2.4 – Deliberate discovery
- 2.5 – Example Mapping in a nutshell
- 2.6 – How to establish structured conversations
- 2.7 – What we just learned
Chapter 3 – What is an example?
- 3.1 – How hard is concrete?
- 3.2 – Is all that concrete essential?
- 3.3 – How many examples do we need?
- 3.4 – Why stop now?
- 3.5 – Rules vs. examples
- 3.6 – My example illustrates multiple rules!
- 3.7 – The bigger picture
- 3.8 – What we just learned
Chapter 4 – Who does what and when
- 4.1 – The BDD approach
- 4.2 – BDD in Scrum
- 4.3 – BDD in Lean/Kanban
- 4.4 – BDD in Distributed Teams
- 4.5 – BDD in fixed scope projects
- 4.6 – BDD in regulated environments
- 4.7 – What we just learned
Chapter 5 – How to get business involved
- 5.1 – Learn from you peers
- 5.2 – The one where the business is not involved
- 5.3 – BDD is for solving problems
- 5.4 – What we just learned
- Where are we now?
- What’s more is there?
- How else we can help
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.