About the Bundle
These are all the books I have written and published in Leanpub. I hope you enjoy them!
Automated System Administration for Sites of Any Size
Get up to speed on CFEngine, the open source configuration management software that enables you to automate everything from one-server shops to enterprise computer networks. This hands-on introduction shows you how to use CFEngine to implement and manage and your IT infrastructure in a sustainable, scalable, and efficient manner.
The book covers CFEngine 3.12 LTS.
3 reader testimonials
Unleash the power of automation on your Mac
In this book you will learn how to use Hammerspoon, a powerful open-source framework which makes using a Mac more pleasant, productive and fun. It enables interaction with the system at multiple layers—from low-level file system or network access, mouse or keyboard event capture and generation, all the way to manipulating applications or windows, processing URLs and drawing on the screen. It also allows interfacing with AppleScript, the most common mechanism for automation on the Mac. Hammerspoon configuration is written in Lua, a popular embedded programming language.
Using Hammerspoon, you can replace many stand-alone Mac utilities for controlling or customizing specific aspects of your Mac (those that tend to overcrowd the menubar). Here are some examples of things you can do with it:
- Add missing or more convenient keyboard shortcuts to applications, even for complex multi-step actions. For example: automated tagging and filing in Evernote, mail archival in Mail or Outlook, filing items from multiple applications to OmniFocus using consistent keyboard shortcuts, or muting/unmuting a conversation in Skype.
- Manipulate windows using keyboard shortcuts to resize, move and arrange them.
- Dispatch URLs to different browsers based on regular expression patterns. When combined with Site-specific Browsers, this allows for highly flexible management of bookmarks, plugins and search configurations.
- Replace Spotlight, Lacona and other launchers with a fully configurable, extensible launcher, which allows not only to open applications, files and bookmarks, but to trigger arbitrary Lua functions.
- Set up actions to happen automatically when switching between WiFi networks—for example, for reconfiguring proxies in some applications.
- Keyboard-triggered translation of selected text between arbitrary human languages.
- Keep a configurable and persistent clipboard history.
- Automatically pause audio playback when headphones are unplugged.
In this book you will learn how to get started with Hammerspoon, how to use pre-made modules, and how to write your own, to achieve an unprecedented level of control over your Mac.
Utilerías de Unix
Automatización y Eficiencia en Sistemas Unix y Linux
El sistema operativo Unix, desde su concepción, tiene la filosofía de la especialización: está compuesto por muchos pequeños programas, cada uno de los cuales realiza una función muy específica. Unix provee los medios necesarios para integrar distintos comandos, aprovechando sus capacidades conjuntas para llevar a cabo tareas más complejas de una manera relativamente sencilla.
Existen algunos comandos que son muy utilizados por ser los más "útiles" para la obtención de resultados rápidamente. En este texto trataremos de dar una visión muy general de los comandos más populares entre los usuarios de Unix.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.