A Practical Guide to Change Beyond the Happy Path
About the Book
- What you should be aware of before your company initiates an agile transformation
- Rescue measures that provide a kick start when a transformation process comes to a standstill
- Tools and approaches which put your company on the successful road to more business agility
Becoming a customer-oriented, versatile, and resilient company: this is the target in many of the agile transformations we experience in Germany and Austria, regardless of the company’s size and industry. The journey for the organisations is not easy—sometimes it is even bumpier than it needs to be.
One thing is certain: there is no single correct approach—the »Happy Path«—to carrying out an agile transformation because innumerable organizations’ individual requirements cannot be met by a one-size-fits-all approach to change.
However, there are tools which make the journey easier and make sustainable success more likely. Even in transformations going through crises—which occur more frequently than you might think—there are reasons to remain optimistic.
This book’s authors work at the heart of transformation activities. They design strategies for agile transformations, bring derailed transformations back on track, and accompany people in the organization until they are able to design the next stages of change themselves. All the approaches presented in this book are backed up by experience and have proven to be successful.
- PREFACE BY BORIS GLOGER
- THE AUTHORS
- BEFORE YOU SET OFF
1 AGILE TRANSFORMATION: WHAT IS IT AND WHICH ROADS TAKE US THERE?
- 1.1 DECIDING IN FAVOR OF AN AGILE TRANSFORMATION
- 1.2 AGILE TRANSFORMATION SCENARIOS
- 1.3 INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL SUPPORT FOR AGILE TRANSFORMATION
- 1.4 COMMUNICATING AND PLANNING
2 ROUTE 1: HOW LOST TRANSFORMATIONS GET BACK ON TRACK
- 2.1 ORGANIZATION AND STRUCTURE
- 2.2 ROLES AND LEADERSHIP
- 2.3 CONTINUING THE AGILE TRANSFORMATION
- 2.4 INTEGRATION OF THE FINDINGS INTO AN ORGANIZATIONAL MODEL FOR THE START IN OTHER BUSINESS UNITS
3 ROUTE 2: THE TRANSFORMATION TEAM—A GUIDE THROUGH CHANGE
- 3.1 THE TRANSFORMATION TEAM APPROACH
- 3.2 PUTTING THE TRANSFORMATION TEAM TOGETHER
- 3.3 COOPERATION WITHIN THE TRANSFORMATION TEAM
- 3.4 THE TRANSFORMATION TEAM’S WORK IN PRACTICE
4 CLIMBING THE STEEP WALLS: THE TRANSFORMATION TEAM IN TIMES OF CRISIS
- 4.1 PROBLEMS WITHIN THE TRANSFORMATION TEAM
- 4.2 RESISTANCE FROM WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
- 4.3 IMPLEMENTATION GONE ASTRAY
5 AT THE SUMMIT: MATURITY AND TRANSITION TO THE NEXT CHANGE?
- 5.1 REVIEWING THE TRANSFORMATION AND DISSOLVING THE TRANSFORMATION TEAM
- 5.2 INTEGRATION AND INTERNALIZATION
- THE NEXT PART OF YOUR JOURNEY
- THANK YOU!
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.