About the Book
Creating and launching a new product or business is difficult.
That’s because there are lots of uncertainties.
It’s inherent to the process of making something new.
By definition, since it’s new, we don’t know if it’ll work. The hard truth is that it may not work.
Fortunately, in recent years, the management literature has given us methods: new ways of approaching the innovation process.
To you, the words “lean startup”, “design thinking”, and “customer development” certainly sound familiar.
These are great innovation methods!
But here’s the thing…
Even by following these methods, you’re still missing a key element of your innovation journey.
..a tool that helps you create a new value proposition.
- One of the most undervalued design framework
- How do you turn market data into insight?
- How do map your product strategy?
- What are the elements you keep in mind to make sure you are creating value for your customers?
What's inside the book:
The Value Mix is an innovation tool that helps you to do two things:
- Know your target customers better to create real value for them;
- Build a coherent strategy for your new products and services.
The book is sharp. 75 pages about creating meaningful propositions for your customers.
By focusing on the interactions between your customers and your product, this framework allows you to be as accurate as possible. This means capturing enough nuances to reflect the reality of our world.
The origin of this book:
The ideas in this book are the connection of many things:
- my journey building my own businesses GoudronBlanc and Blackwood,
- teaching masterclasses at UCL, London Business School, and Princeton,
- my experience running innovation projects for Fortune 500 companies,
- chats with fellow entrepreneurs and investors,
- and the writing of many businesspeople.
These ideas also connect multiple disciplines, such as economics, design, psychology, copywriting, strategy, and marketing.
Who is it for?
I wrote this book for an audience of people involved in marketing and product strategy:
It's for you if you are:
- An entrepreneur,
- A product manager,
- An innovation manager,
- A brand manager,
- An innovation or strategy consultant,
- A marketer.
About the Author
I’m Guerric de Ternay, the founder of two brands that promote sustainable approach to fashion:
- GoudronBlanc, high-quality, elegant T-shirts that gentlemen love to wear.
- Blackwood, beautiful accessories made of natural, eco-friendly alternatives to leather.
As I love solving big challenges, I also work as an innovation consultant at ?What If! where I help Fortune 500 companies create new propositions and businesses.
Where to find me: