This Course is part of the following Course Sets:
- Course Info
- Course Materials
Data science is one of the most exciting and fastest growing careers in the world. The goal of this series is to help people with no background and limited resources transition into data science. It would be helpful to have already taken our Organizing Data Science Projects, Version Control, Introduction to R and Data Tidying courses. We guide you through the rest!
After taking this course you will be able to:
- Explain what makes a plot good or bad
- Create exploratory and explanatory plots in R using the ggplot2 package
- Plot different types of data and make different types of plots
- Convert basic plots into plots that are visually pleasing and communicate information
Things you need to do this course
This course is designed for people with no background with Chromebooks. It would be helpful if you had already taken our Organizing Data Science Projects, Version Control, Introduction to R and Data Tidying courses. This should be a great introduction to data visualization for high-school students or people looking for a career change into the tech industry. The only requirements are:
- A computer with a web browser and an internet connection
- The ability to type and follow instructions.
- The accounts you have set up in previous courses.
How you will be graded
The course has a series of short quizzes, one for each chapter. You will get two attempts at each quiz and your best score for each quiz will count toward your final score. If you receive more than 70% of the points across all quizzes you will pass. If you receive more than 90% of the points across all quizzes you will pass with honors. You get two attempts at the class with each class purchase.
How to report an error
If you find a bug, typo, or issue in the material, feel free to contact us using this form.