3D Game and Graphics Programming using UNIGINE
3D Game and Graphics Programming using UNIGINE
C++, C#, and CG Artist perspective
About the Book
Begin your journey of 3D computer graphics for game programming, VFX development, virtual and mixed reality with C++ and C#. Whether you are discovering Unigine for the first time or refreshing your knowledge about Photo-realistic renderings, this book gives the definitive introduction to how to do it in 3D computer graphics?
You will Learn,
- Create virtual worlds, composite physically-based 3D scenes, spatial sound, tricks, and techniques.
- Atmospheric and camera models, Graphics and game patterns
- Virtual and Mixed Reality builds
- Game and graphics programming in C++ and C#
- Procedural rendering using UUSL (Direct3D and OpenGL)
- In-depth debugging and optimizations of the 3D scenes
CHAPTER 1: Install and Setup UNIGINE-2
- UNIGINE and System Requirements
- Installing UNIGINE SDK Browser and Licenses
- Setup A Windows development environment
CHAPTER 2: Introduction of UNIGINE Engine
- Engine Features
- Engine Fundamentals and Build Platforms
- Logging, Start-up Options, Configuration files, and Console
- File Systems and Performance Analyzer
CHAPTER 3: Creating your first Project
- Create Project in SDK Browser
- UNIGINE SDK Browser Project Format
- Introduction to UNIGINE Editor
- Asset Workflow: GUID, Runtime files creation, and handling of assets.
- Run via Code
CHAPTER 4: Virtual Worlds: Nodes, Surfaces, and Players
- Coordinate System and 3D models and Export
- Importing 3D Models: Geometry, Animations, Textures, Lights, and materials
- Nodes and Surfaces: LOD’s, Nodes, Converted Engine Objects
- Players: Virtual Camera and properties, View Bitmasking
- Project: Sample Project with Models and Players (GitHub)
- Programming: Rotate the node continuously, Start the animation after a pre-defined time. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 5: File System and Render Settings
- Unigine File System
- Asynchronous Data Streaming
- Render Settings: Environment, Camera Effects, Antialiasing, Textures, color correction, DOF.
- Project: Sample Project with render settings (GitHub)
- Programming: Change the rendering settings at run time (GitHub)
CHAPTER 6: Paint the Surfaces: Textures and materials, Metalness Workflow
- Textures: Colors and transparencies, mipmaps
- Unigine materials and materials inheritance
- PBR workflow and creating new material
- Project: Material Mapping and material Inheritance (GitHub)
- Programming: Access material parameters and change them at run time. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 7: Lightning and Reflections: Global Illumination, Lights, and Day of Time
- Types of lights
- Global Illumination
- Types of Reflections and settings
- Project: Different types of Lights and reflection implementation (GitHub)
- Programming: Add Lights programmatically and program the light settings and change the time of day. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 8: Behaviors and Logic: Properties and Component Systems
- Unigine Properties: Files, structure and usage
- Component system
- Project: Add Components to existing nodes (GitHub)
- Programming: Program a component to jump if any other node comes into its vicinity. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 9: Cinematics using tracker
- Introduction to Unigine Tracker
- Project: Cinematic using players and other tracks. (GitHub)
- Programming: Program a tracker using UnigineScript. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 10: Exteriors: Terrain, Vegetation, Grass, roads, and Fields
- Introduction Terrain Objects in Unigine
- Vegetation Add-on and Grass Objects.
- Road Tool and Fields.
- Project: Exterior scene with the terrain. (GitHub)
- Programming: Roll the sphere on terrain.(GitHub)
CHAPTER 11: Decorate your world: Water, Volumes, Clouds, and Sky
- Project: Scene with water and clouds. (GitHub)
- Programming: Float an object over water with waves. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 12: Effects: Particles and Decals
- Particle System
- Project: Decals on roads and smoke and fire particles. (GitHub)
- Programming: Shooting decals Example. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 13: Making it responsive: Collisions, Intersections, Rigid Body Physics, and Physicals
- World Collisions, and intersections. Properties and API
- Physics: Rigid body physics, Shapes, and Joints.
- Project: World with Physicals and Rigid Body Physics. (GitHub)
- Programming: Physical callbacks and physics triggers. (GitHub)
- Programming: Intersection and collision detections. (GitHub)
- Programming: Object Picking. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 14: Pathfinding and obstacles
- Navigation objects
- Programming: Writing a simple implementation for the crowd. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 15: Spatial Sound
- Sound Objects
- Project: 3D Sound effect world (GitHub)
- Programming: Playing sound on collisions and playing ambient sound. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 16: User Interfaces: Unigine Widgets Graphics
- Programming GUI: Containers, Widgets, and Localisation
- RC Files and Skin Layouts
- Project: Small world with User interface and skins. (GitHub)
- Programming: Create User interface and handle the callbacks (GitHub)
CHAPTER 17: Creating your build
- Create Build
CHAPTER 18: Virtual Reality and Mixed Reality
- Virtual Reality Support
- Mixed Reality Support
- Programming: Properties and component for Lens calibration for mixed reality (GitHub)
CHAPTER 19: Debugging and Optimisations
- Debugging using micro profiler
- Techniques for Content Optimizations
- Programming: Microprofiler programming (GitHub)
CHAPTER 20: Extending Unigine Functionality using Plugins
- Programming: Writing a simple Plugin (GitHub)
CHAPTER 21: Procedural Shading
- Vertex, Pixel, and Compute shaders
- Programming: Write a custom material to change the scene to black and white. (GitHub)
CHAPTER 22: Boids Example
- Programming: BOIDS Program to simulate birds flock. (GitHub)
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.