This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2014-03-19
About the Book
If you were surpised with the result of a particular piece of code, and wondered why the results are what they are, this book is for you.
If you have ever wondered why
 == 0? Why
"true" == true returns
false then this book is for you.
- Why certain Immediately Invoked Function Expressions don't work?
- Why in some contexts, commas act funnily.
- Why in some cases newlines act funnily.
- Why in some cases, Google Chrome appears to support block-level scoping without ES6 syntax
- Why truthy values are not true, and why falsey values are not false
- Why is
- What is
- And many more
Sometimes, it's not that these developers are intentionally being arseholes. Most times, the code is well-intentioned, but due to the way the language (and/or implementation) works, the results come out unexpectedly. Other times, it is exceedingly intentional, and innocent-looking code can do a lot of (financial) damage. I cover these and more in the book.
Who this Book Is For
The book is currently in final editing stages. No more new content will be added in the near future.
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Defending your civil liberties in a digital world.https://www.eff.org/
Based in San Francisco, EFF is a donor-supported membership organization working to protect fundamental rights regardless of technology.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...