On futures and Enterprise Architecture
On futures and Enterprise Architecture
How to use futures methods in architectures
About the Book
This anthology from the Tetradian weblog focusses on futures, and particularly the techniques and methods needed to guide change for an individual organisation, for a broader shared enterprise, or at a more global big-picture scale, and also across any timescale that may be required.
This book includes about 40 posts and 70 images from the weblog. These posts are split into four groups:
- Futures: Methods - outlines some of the methods and concerns in futures-work for architectures.
- Futures: Architectures - explore a range of issues where futures concerns intersect with architectures in a business context.
- Futures: Politics - uses futures-methods to identify a swathe of fundamental flaws in many current concepts of politics and society, and suggest what can be done to resolve those flaws.
- Futures: Assessments - applies futures-methods to assess potential challenges and options in broader social change, and also in architecture itself.
- FUTURES: INTRODUCTION
- FUTURES: METHODS
- Futures and futures
- What futurists do, and why
- Vision and mission
- A structure for enterprise-vision
- Why vision?
- SCAN and Causal Layered Analysis
- Two SCAN notes - 2: Causal Layered Analysis
- Stealth foresight
- Planting trees
- Two words
- Sometimes it takes a while…
- Making sense in disruption
- How to overdose on augmented-reality
- Not the New Normal
Writing-exercise: Utopia and dystopia
- 1. Meanings of ‘utopia’ and ‘dystopia’
- 2. Utopia and dystopia as story-drivers
- 3. Utopia and dystopia as background milieu
- 4. An ambiguous utopia: utopia-for-some
- 5. From utopia to dystopia
- 6. Utopia or dystopia - personal, social, or somewhere between?
- FUTURES: ARCHITECTURES
- Architecture disaster? – we have an app for that!
- Enterprise-architecture: Bring on the clowns?
- Governance in a responsibility-based enterprise-architecture
- A simpler version of the ‘EA-governance thought-experiment’
- One more try…
- Reframing entropy in business
- More on reframing entropy in business
- Avoiding delusions of strategy
- FUTURES: POLITICS
- RBPEA: Opportunities unheeded…
- Participatory politics
RBP-EA: There’s gonna be a revolution…
- The Really Big Picture
- Putting it into practice
- An architecture of responsibility
- The gift of a world
- FUTURES: ASSESSMENTS
- A post-truth era?
- A post-jobs era?
- A post-rights era?
- Enterprise-architecture - a status-report
- Enterprise-architecture - a changes report
Enterprise-architecture - a near-futures report
- Organisational strategy
- Skills and work
- 1: Complex Problem Solving (previously #1)
- 2: Critical Thinking (previously #4)
3: Creativity (previously #10)
- Sustainability and other anticlient-issues
- Expanding scope and scale
- Enterprise-architecture - a further-futures report
Enterprise-architecture - which way forward?
- The scope of enterprise-architecture
- A practical example
- Finding a better way
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.