TOGAF 10th Edition Quickstart Guide
TOGAF 10th Edition Quickstart Guide
for IT Enterprise Architects
About the Book
Why would anybody need a short book on TOGAF 10th Edition if TOGAF itself consists of 6 Fundamental volumes plus 23+ series guides, written by renowned experts from 300 top IT companies who sure know their stuff and will provide you with anything you need as an enterprise architect?
The answer is: YES – TOGAF 10th Edition provides very helpful, very sound, and extensive lists of WHAT to do in IT Enterprise Architecture (ITEAM). The advice from various people working in IT Enterprise Architecture is: Use TOGAF! There’s no reason not to use it.
But you can add a little QuickStart and accelerator to TOGAF that gives an Expert a fast-to-read ballpark view of which items of an IT Enterprise Architect’s task list are covered by TOGAF and which are not. As you will also see, there are areas of an IT Enterprise Architect’s task list that are not covered by TOGAF at the moment. This makes it a rewarding task to give people interested in TOGAF an idea of what they can expect and what they have to find elsewhere.
With the advent of TOGAF 10th Edition, it was simply time to uppdate the QuickStart Guide, which referred to the 9.X versions.
- 1.1 This Book is Tailored for Two Main Reader Groups
- 1.2 If You Own a TOGAF 9.X Version of this Book
- 1.3 Your Feedback is Valued
2. What is IT Enterprise Architecture
- 2.1 The Pragmatic Business Approach to IT Enterprise Architecture
- 2.2 Work Breakdown Structure for IT Enterprise Architecture
- 2.3 The TOGAF Approach
- 2.4 TOGAF and Business Architecture
3. TOGAF and IT Strategy
- 3.1 What is an IT Strategy?
- 3.2 What needs to be described
- 3.3 How do you get there?
- 3.4 What support will you find in TOGAF?
- 3.5 Further Reading
4. TOGAF and IT Portfolio Management
- 4.1 What is IT Portfolio Management
- 4.2 What is Application Portfolio Management?
- 4.3 Putting it together: From Chaos to a Master Plan
- 4.4 What do you find about Application Portfolio Management in TOGAF?
- 4.5 Infrastructure Portfolio Management
- 4.6 What do you find in TOGAF about Infrastructure Portfolio Management?
- 4.7 Further Reading
5. TOGAF and Developing Architectures
- 5.1 Part 1: Architecture Development Method
- 5.2 Parts 2 and 3: ADM Techniques and Applying the ADM
- 5.3 Further Reading
6. TOGAF and Architecture Governance
- 6.1 What do you find about it in TOGAF?
- 6.2 Further Reading
7. TOGAF and Basic Tasks
- 7.1 TOGAF and finding the right Meta-Model for your Needs
- 7.2 TOGAF and finding Tool Support
- 7.3 TOGAF and Immersion Paths for IT Enterprise Architectures
8. What else will you find in TOGAF?
- 8.1 Series Guide: Government Reference Modell
- 8.2 Series Guide: Customer Master Data Management
- 8.3 Series Guide: Digital Business Reference Model
- 8.4 Foundation Architecture / Technical Reference Model (TRM)
- 8.5 The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model (III-RM)
9. Wrap Up: TOGAF for You
- 9.1 A Collection of Useful Tools
- 9.2 Two Strongest Points
- 9.3 TOGAF Certification
- 9.4 Future
- 10.1 Colophon
- 10.2 References
- 10.3 Backlog
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.