The Road to React (The Bare Essentials)
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2020-03-25
About the Book
The Road to learn React teaches you the fundamentals of React. You will build a real world application along the way in plain React without complicated tooling. Everything from project setup to deployment on a server will be explained. The book comes with additional referenced reading material and exercises with each chapter. After reading the book, you will be able to build your own applications in React. The material is kept up to date by me and the community.
In the Road to learn React, I want to offer a foundation before you start to dive into the broader React ecosystem. It has less tooling and less external state management, but a lot of information around React. It explains general concepts, patterns and best practices in a real world React application.
What you can expect (so far...)
- Hacker News App in React
- no complicated configuration
- create-react-app to bootstrap your application
- efficient lightweight code
- only React setState as state management (so far...)
- the React API with setState and lifecycle methods
- interaction with a real world API (Hacker News)
- advanced user interactions
- client-sided sorting
- client-sided filtering
- server-sided searching
- implementation of client-side caching
- higher order functions and higher order components
- snapshot test components with Jest
- unit test components with Enzyme
- neat libraries along the way
- exercises and more readings along the way
- internalize and reinforce your learnings
- deploy your app to production
What you have to bring
This book works like magic!
The Road to Learn React is a unique book that I recommend to any student or professional interested in learning react basics to advanced level. It is packed with insightful tips and techniques that are hard to find elsewhere, and remarkably thorough in its use of examples and references to sample problems, i have 17 years of experience in web and desktop app development, and before reading this book i was having trouble in learning react, but this book works like magic.
One of the most well-written & informative coding books
This is one of the most well-written & informative coding books I've ever worked through. A solid React & ES6 introduction.
A Rookie Developer
Easy to Follow
I just finished the book as a rookie developer, thanks for working on this. It was easy to follow and I feel confident in starting a new app from scratch in the coming days. The book was much better than official React.js tutorial that I tried earlier (and couldn't complete due to lack of detail). The exercises at the end of each section were very rewarding.
The best book to start learning ReactJS
The project moves along with the concepts being learnt which helps to grasp the subject. I have found 'Code and learn' as best way to master programming and this book exactly does that.
Solid introduction to React
Pretty solid introduction to React that doesn't try to be comprehensive. I just wanted a taste to understand what it was about and this book gave me exactly that. I didn't follow all the little footnotes to learn about the new ES6 features I've missed ("I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."). But I'm sure for those of you who have fallen behind and are diligent about following those, you can probably learn a lot more than just what the book teaches.
- About the Author
- Who is this book for?
Fundamentals of React
- Hello React
- Setting up a React Project
- Meet the React Component
- React JSX
- Lists in React
- Meet another React Component
- React Component Instantiation
- React DOM
- React Component Definition (Advanced)
- Handler Function in JSX
- React Props
- React State
- Callback Handlers in JSX
- Lifting State in React
- React Controlled Components
- Props Handling (Advanced)
- React Side-Effects
- React Custom Hooks (Advanced)
- React Fragments
- Reusable React Component
- React Component Composition
- Imperative React
- Inline Handler in JSX
- React Asynchronous Data
- React Conditional Rendering
- React Advanced State
- React Impossible States
- Data Fetching with React
- Data Re-Fetching in React
- Memoized Handler in React (Advanced)
- Explicit Data Fetching with React
- Third-Party Libraries in React
- Async/Await in React (Advanced)
- Forms in React
- React Class Components
- React Class Components: State
- Imperative React
Styling in React
- CSS in React
- CSS Modules in React
- Styled Components in React
- SVGs in React
- Performance in React (Advanced)
- TypeScript in React
- Unit Testing to Integration Testing
- React Project Structure
Real World React (Advanced)
- Reverse Sort
- Remember Last Searches
- Paginated Fetch
Deploying a React Application
- Build Process
- Deploy to Firebase
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.