Email the Author
You can use this page to email MichaelYin about The Definitive Guide to Next.js and Wagtail (2.0.0).
About the Book
This is my #4 eBook of Wagtail, and I wish to talk about the new architecture (Jamstack) in this book.
- The frontend app will be prebuilt into highly optimized static pages (Markup) and assets, and deployed to the CDN netowrk.
Jamstack has below benefits:
- Because the pages are prebuilt and served from CDN, pages can load FAST.
- The reduced complexity make the site more secure.
- Easy to scale when traffic grow.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Docker Composeto do development
- Create blog models to work with Wagtail.
- Learn how to write serializer for Django models.
- Build a REST API for Wagtail CMS
- Use the
factorypackage to help create test data
- Test the REST API and generate test coverage report
- Create Next.js project with
- Learn React Function Component, and React hooks.
Tailwind CSSto build clean and responsive UI.
- Understand how Next.js page route works.
- Use next/image to do browser native lazy loading
- Make Wagtail preview work with the Next.js.
- Build comment system based on
Emojisupport to the comment form.
- Learn to use
React Queryto build lazy load comment list.
- Test React component using
@testing-libraryfamily of packages.
- Deploy the Next.js to the Netlify.
- Deploy the backend API to DigitalOcean
- Python 3.10
- Django 4.1
- Wagtail 4.1
- Next.js 13
- Tailwind 3
- React Function Component, React Hooks
- React Query
- Use Tailwind CSS as style solution.
- Use React Query to replace SWR
- Use Next image to do browser native lazy loading
- Add Sitemap and Robots.txt
- Upgrade Django 4, Wagtail 4, update the screenshots
2021-08-16: First release
About the Author
Michael Yin is a full stack developer from China, and he loves to write high-quality tutorial about programming.
He has published 5 books on Leanpub.
- The Definitive Guide to Hotwire and Django
- Build SPA with React and Wagtail
- The Definitive Guide to Next.js and Wagtail
- Build Blog With Wagtail CMS
- Build Blog with React (SSR) and Wagtail
- Ultimate Guide To Scrapy
He also published Celery courses on testdriven.io
- The Definitive Guide to Celery and Flask
- The Definitive Guide to Celery and Django
- The Definitive Guide to Celery and FastAPI
He is also the founder of a Digital Agency AccordBox and available for remote job.