Testing Vue.js components with Jest
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-02-25
About the Book
Vue.js has become the most popular framework of 2018. People is excited about it, and that's no surprise given how productive, easy to use and flexible it is. You've probably already use it, but... Have you done testing in Vue.js?
This book shows you by practise how to test easily Vue.js components and take advantage of the fully featured Jest testing framework. It will guide you through testing styles and structure as well as testing behaviours of you Vue.js components. You'll see how to apply techniques such as snapshot testing, shallow rendering, module dependency mocking and module aliasing to make smoother and cleaner your tests.
This is the first book I've read on this topic which was actually useful. I've tried to set up module aliases for a while and now I've got it done in a couple of minutes. THANK YOU.
This has been the most valuable resource while learning to test Vue components so far. Thanks, @alexjoverm!
M Haris Khan
Thanks Alex! What I needed, explained very well.
1. Write the first Vue.js Component Unit Test in Jest
- Set up a vue-test sample project
- Testing a Component
- Testing a Component with vue-test-utils
2. Test Deeply Rendered Vue.js Components
- Adding a Message Component
- Testing MessageList with Message Component
3. Test Styles and Structure
- The Wrapper object
4. Test Properties and Custom Events
- Custom Events
- Wrapping up
5. Test Computed Properties and Watchers
- Computed Properties
- Wrapping Up
6. Test Methods and Mock Dependencies
- Mock External Module Dependencies
- Keep mocks externalized
- Wrapping Up
7. Test Vue.js Slots
- Make MessageList slot based
- Testing Slots
- Testing Named Slots
- Testing Contextual Slot Specs
8. Enhance Jest configuration with Module Aliases
- Webpack aliases
- Multiple aliases
- Other solutions
- Wrapping Up
9. Snapshot Testing
- Rethinking in Snapshots
- When Snapshot Testing doesn’t help
- When a test fails
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.