Sunday as a First-Day Sabbath
Sunday as a First-Day Sabbath
About the Book
Are we still compelled to keep the Sabbath? How has the Sabbath changed since creation?
This book looks to the Bible to find how we are supposed to relate to the Sabbath. It also examines the early church's view of the Sabbath.
1. The “First Day Sabbath” Concept
- 1988-1989 Calendar
2. The Sabbath Principle Shown to be an Abiding Principle
- The Sabbath is a creation ordinance (Genesis 2:3)
- Gentiles are repeatedly commanded to keep the Sabbath
- It is one of the “Ten Commandments” (Exodus 20)
- Explicitly called an everlasting or perpetual statute (Exodus 31:16-17)
- We are commanded to worship God on the Sabbath
- Sabbath command to labor for six days
- New Testament continuation
- Old Testament prophesy
- Christ taught proper observance of the Sabbath
- Christ’s prophesy for the Great Tribulation
- Revelation 1:10
3. Historical Changes In the Sabbath
- Detailed analysis
- The Change to “First Day Sabbath” Hinted at in the Old Testament
4. Christ’s Resurrection Establishes a New First Day Sabbath
- The Greek form of the fourth commandment
- Jewish Sabbath abolished along with all other Old Testament and Old World days
- Resurrection accounts that bring in a new Sabbath
- Early Church celebration
5. The Early Church Saw Sunday as the Christian Sabbath
- AD 90 — Didache
- AD 100 — Epistle of Barnabas
- AD 107 — Ignatius
- AD 110 — Pliny the Younger
- AD 150 — Epistle of the Apostles
- AD 150 — Justin Martyr
- AD 180 — Acts of Peter
- AD 190 — Clement Of Alexandria
- AD 200 — Bardesanes
- AD 200 — Tertullian
- AD 220 — Origen
- AD 225 — Didascalia Apostolorum
- AD 250 — Cyprian
- AD 300 — Victorinus
- AD 300 — Eusebius of Caesarea
- AD 345 — Athanasius
- AD 350 — Cyril of Jerusalem
- AD 360 — Council of Laodicea
- AD 387 — John Chrysostom
- AD 400 — Apostolic Constitutions
6. Scriptural Guidelines on How to Observe the Sabbath
- Guidelines from Jeremiah 17:19-23
- Guidelines from Genesis 2:1-3: The Day God Blessed
- About the Author
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.