Mastering Smart Contracts
This book is 60% complete
Last updated on 2018-03-18
About the Book
I am the Co-Founder of Hashnode, a community of software developers. Lately, we have been experimenting with Solidity and Smart Contracts extensively. I am writing this book to introduce developers to the world of Decentralized apps (Dapps) and Ethereum Blockchain.
"Mastering Smart Contracts" book is divided into five chapters. In each chapter you will write, test and deploy one Smart Contract. This book is based on "Learning by building" approach which means you will learn Smart Contracts and Solidity language through practical examples and projects.
Buy this book if your answer is yes to all of the following:
- You have basic knowledge of blockchains and understand how they work (Don't have to be an expert).
- You believe in gaining hands-on experience with any new technology.
- You aren't looking for a book that just reiterates the documentation in different words.
The accompanying code for each chapter is available on GitHub. You can always ask your questions on Hashnode. I will be happy to answer them.
P.S. This book is 60% complete at the moment and the next chapter is coming out on 16th July 2018.
- What’s a Blockchain
- Ethereum Blockchain
- Smart Contracts
- Wallets, Ethers & Wei
Chapter 1: Writing a basic Arithmetic Contract
- Tools we’ll use
- Project Structure
- Unit Testing
- Final Deployment
- Deployment using online Solidity Compiler
- Next Steps
Chapter 2: Building a Voting Smart Contract
- Concepts to be covered
- Understanding the concepts
- Visibility of Members
- Function Modifiers, View and Pure Functions
- Final Code
Chapter 3: Writing an ICO Contract (a.k.a launch your own cryptocurrency)
- What are tokens?
- What is an ICO?
- What’s an ERC20 token?
- Writing a basic ICO contract
- Writing a real-world ICO contract
- Chapter 4: Building a Simple Auction Contract
- Chapter 5: Writing a Gift Card Smart Contract
- Security Considerations
- Best Practices, Dos and Don’ts
- Conclusion and what’s next?
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.