Safer @ Home with pfSense®
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2020-08-04
About the Book
You don't need to risk your security and privacy on consumer-grade security products any longer. pfSense® is a powerful, commercial-grade firewall that provides capabilities far beyond what you can get in consumer products. This book will walk you through setting up your pfSense® firewall with many easy to follow recipes to choose from, depending on your needs.
- Recipe 1 - The basic ingredients
- Recipe 2 - Adding packages
- Recipe 3 - Block porn and malicious domains
- Recipe 4 - Protect your browsing from your ISP's snooping
- Recipe 5 - Speed browsing by blocking ads
- Recipe 6 - Checking your defenses
- Recipe 7 - Blocking the kids from bypassing your protections
- Recipe 8 - Separate your work and home networks
- Recipe 9 - Isolate your IoT devices
- Recipe 10 - Fixing your buffer bloat
- Recipe 11 - Dialing in from the road
- Recipe 12 - Get alerts for new devices
- Recipe 13 - Blocking bad actors, inside and out
- Recipe 14 - Monitoring your network with daily reports
- Recipe 15 - Making exceptions to the rules
- Recipe 16 - Keeping good records
- Recipe 17 - Backups, just in case
- Recipe 18 - Keeping pfSense® up to date
- A Reality Check
- In Conclusion
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.