This book is 30% complete
Last updated on 2019-12-15
About the Book
The React Eshop book uses latest tools from Facebook React and Google Firebase ecosystems.
Code along a single page Eshop app, complete with a shopping cart, product catalog, and search features. Our goal is to create a reusable Eshop following Ecommerce best practices while remaining within scope for a single developer-designer.
Easy Start React
- Start React app in three easy steps
- Windows and Node
- Structure of the React app
- App.js component definition
- index.js root component
- package.json dependencies
- Integrating React Bootstrap
- index.html template
- ESLint for JS guidelines and syntax checking
- Flow static type checking
- Build and deploy
- Deploy using Firebase
Magic Behind Scaffold Generator
- HTML Webpack plugin
- Hot Reloading
- Babel and ES6
- PostCSS and Autoprefixer
- Other capabilities
- Product summary design
- Product summary schema
- ProductSummary.js custom component
- Prop validation
- Constructor, state, and bind
- Event handler methods
- The render method
- App.js product catalog mock
Product Detail and Navigation
- Modify package.json for product detail
- Refactoring for routing
- index.js router configuration
- App.js template layout
- MissingRoute.js for page not found errors
- ReactEshop.css shared styles
- ProductDetail.js component
- ProductDetail.css styles
- ProductSummary.js refactor
- Installing Firebase for Node
- Configuring Firebase using reFirebase.js
- Setup Firebase Storage for media assets
- Prepare JSON for Firebase Database import
- Refactor Landing.js for Firebase
- Refactor ProductSummary.js
- Refactor ProductDetail.js for Firebase integration
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.