Email the Author
You can use this page to email MichaelYin about Build SPA with React and Wagtail (3.0.0).
About the Book
This book will teach you how to build a
SPA (single-page application) using
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
Docker Composeto do development
- Create blog models to work with Wagtail.
- Learn how to write serializer for Django models.
- Build a REST API for Wagtail CMS
- Use the
factorypackage to help create test data
- Test the REST API and generate test coverage report
- Build a React app from
- Learn React Function Component, and React hooks.
Tailwind CSSto build clean and responsive UI.
- Understand React router
React appwork with Wagtail preview
- Build comment system based on
Emojisupport to the comment form.
- Learn to use
React Queryto build lazy load comment list.
- Test React component using
@testing-libraryfamily of packages.
- Deploy the production app to DigitalOcean
- Python 3.10
- Django 4.1
- Wagtail 4.1
- Tailwind 3
- React Function Component, React Hooks
- React Router
- React Query
This book includes:
- A PDF ebook which contains about 30 chapters.
- 30+ screenshots and diagrams, all created by me.
- The source code of the project created in this course.
- Upgrade Tailwind 3
- Use React Query to replace SWR
- Upgrade Django 4, Wagtail 4, update the screenshots.
Tailwind CSSto replace the
- Add comment support
- Rewrite with React functional component
- Upgrade to Django 3.2 and Wagtail 2.14
- 2020-12-05: First release
About the Author
Michael Yin is a full stack developer from China, and he loves to write high-quality tutorial about programming.
He has published 5 books on Leanpub.
- The Definitive Guide to Hotwire and Django
- Build SPA with React and Wagtail
- The Definitive Guide to Next.js and Wagtail
- Build Blog With Wagtail CMS
- Build Blog with React (SSR) and Wagtail
- Ultimate Guide To Scrapy
He also published Celery courses on testdriven.io
- The Definitive Guide to Celery and Flask
- The Definitive Guide to Celery and Django
- The Definitive Guide to Celery and FastAPI
He is also the founder of a Digital Agency AccordBox and available for remote job.