PowerShell SysAdmin Crash Course
PowerShell SysAdmin Crash Course
Unlock the Full Potential of PowerShell with Advanced Techniques, Automation, Configuration Management and Integration
About the Book
Say goodbye to complicated IT tasks and embrace efficient system administration with "PowerShell SysAdmin Crash Course." With hands-on experience and over 50 examples and demonstrations, you will build a strong understanding of PowerShell and gain confidence in its application.
"PowerShell SysAdmin Crash Course" is the ultimate guide for system administrators and PowerShell users. This comprehensive resource teaches you everything to know about PowerShell, from the console and cmdlets to scripting, modules, and more. You will learn essential topics like Active Directory Management, Windows Server, PowerShell Remoting, DSC, SCCM, and administering software updates.
In addition, you will discover advanced techniques such as working with JSON and XML data, parallel processing, multithreading, and creating custom cmdlets and modules. You get to learn how to integrate PowerShell with automation and configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, and Chef, and how to use CI/CD tools like Jenkins. The book also covers integrating PowerShell with Bash and Python scripting and utilizing PowerShell Universal for running automation scripts through a single platform.Key Learnings
- Learn everything about PowerShell, from console to cmdlets to scripting and modules.
- Manage Active Directory, PowerShell Remoting, DSC, SCCM, and software updates.
- Discover advanced techniques like JSON and XML data, parallel processing, and multithreading.
- Create custom cmdlets and modules for automation and configuration management.
- Integrate PowerShell with Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Bash, and Python scripting.
- Use PowerShell Universal to run automation scripts through a single platform.
- Beginning with PowerShell
- PowerShell Basics
- Cmdlets, Aliases, and Functions
- Up and Running with Scripting Basics
- Working with PowerShell Modules
- PowerShell Scripting
- Windows Management with PowerShell
- Active Directory Management
- PowerShell Remoting
- PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- PowerShell and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- PowerShell Security and Best Practices
- Advanced PowerShell Techniques
- PowerShell and Automation Frameworks
- Extending PowerShell and Interoperability
- Working with PowerShell Universal
This book is ideal for you if you want to build a strong understanding of PowerShell and its application, from the basics to advanced techniques. It is also suitable for you if you want to integrate PowerShell with automation and configuration management tools and other scripting languages.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.