About the Book
Start your own Game Studio!
- 24 General Game Licenses are included in this book - a savings of $1,440 if purchased separately!
Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection is a hands-on guide for making browser games using both Phaser Gaming Framework versions 2.6.2, and community released editions. This book is the entire collection of single chapters available from Amazon.com in one volume. It delves into the greatest classical game mechanics techniques -- 16+ examples. All written in a fun and friendly style with completed projects and open-ended exercises that encourage you to build and to include your own game assets and features. You’ll also download supporting tools to classify the book’s snippets and add your own modification.
The Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection contains several sections. It starts with an Introduction into game perspective, modes, genres, workstation set-up, and generation tools. Part I demonstrates basic game mechanisms using Phaser Official and the community edition versions. Each chapter is a separate game mechanic -- 16+ for v2 (and the same 16+ starter-kits for Phaser v3.15+ in a separate sister volume)! This is a reference book; simply turn to the game chapter you'd like to create. In a matter of hours, you will have a working game prototype for that game mechanics using the Game Design System™ -- fully explained in the Phaser Game Design workbook (4th edition). You then add your own artwork and additional game features; over the next few days, you have your own completed game ready to deploy in the "apps" stores. I consider this a joint effort. You might consider this a joint effort: I am your game programmer and you are the game designer, artist, and marketer.
Phaser III Game Starter Kit Collection (a sister volume) is similar to this book's Part II but all the tutorials are written in Phaser3 in a second separate volume. Part IV is a massive collection of 59+ Flash ActionScript games just waiting for you to transpile into Phaser v2.x.x. Part V is an excerpt from Phaser Multiplayer Gaming Systems; it holds all the starter kits essentials for multiplayer games using web sockets.
You’ll find detailed working examples, with dozens of illustrations and many concepts you can freely apply to your own bespoke gaming projects. All the source code annotations enhance the book’s explanation.
If you prefer, you can buy individual chapters - sold separately on LeanPub.com or Amazon.com
What you’ll learn:
By the end of this workbook, you’ll have integrated into your own bespoke game designs:
- Adopted processes for business project management and agile software development.
- Organized a standard file structure for developing games in general;
- Used a blank game template to scaffold further game projects;
- Imported resources and game assets;
- Displayed, animated and moved game avatars on various screen renderings;
- Managed groups of game objects in v2.x.x;
- Deployed heads-up display (HUD) on game scenes both inside and outside the canvas;
- Used customized web fonts;
- Incorporated multiple game-inputs (touch, multi-touch, accelerometer, mouse and keyboard);
- Rendered several physics systems in v2.x.x;
- Included graphics effects (gfx) (particle systems, rotations, fades, shaders and more);
- Created and managed game phases;
- Managed permanent game assets across game phases;
- Optimized your game for various mobile devices;
- Integrated 3rd-party scripts and web services for v2.x.x.
- Deploy single- and multi-player games.
- Web Sockets demystified for scalable massive online game deployments.
Who This Book Is For:
About the Author
Avatar is an adorable cartoon sketch of my wife. 42nd anniversary this Sept 1!
Steve is a Licensed Minister since 1972; certified Network Engineer (retired after 40 years) and currently as a full-time teaching faculty in software engineering and network cyber-security as Professor Emeritus for the past 14 yrs. Since 2002, He has been a Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI).
Review my profile on LinkedIn.com: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-gose-71ba853b/
Personal website: http://www.Stephen-Gose.com./
Kingdom of Heaven: http://kingdomofgodprinciples.com/
Game Support Site: http://makingbrowsergames.com/
Game Showcase: http://www.renown-games.com
Purchase Game source code and License: http://shop.pbmcube.net/