Mental Health in Tech: Guidelines for Mental Wellness in the Workplace
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2018-05-23
About the Book
This document was compiled by Open Sourcing Mental Illness contributors using EEOC guidelines; these contributors are not attorneys and the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials do not constitute legal advice of any type. By using these materials, you agree to accept this disclaimer. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information shared through the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials, however, because information is constantly evolving, Open Sourcing Mental Illness cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, errors or omissions related to the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials. The information provided in the Open Sourcing Mental Illness materials are for educational and informational purposes only. You agree to use your own due diligence and judgment before applying any recommendation or advice that you may receive on or through the materials provided by Open Sourcing Mental Illness. Please contact your employment counsel or email@example.com for more information and guidance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Open Sourcing Mental Illness Mental Health in Tech: Guidelines for Mental Wellness in the Workplace
- Open Sourcing Mental Illness Diamond Patron
- Open Sourcing Mental Illness Bronze Partner
Section I - Introduction
- Why support mental wellness in Tech?
- Who is this handbook for?
- Section II - Precursors for organizational success in addressing mental wellness
Section III - Putting in place a mental health policy
- Analyzing mental health issues (WHO, 2005)
- Developing the policy (WHO, 2005)
- Developing strategies to implement the policy (WHO, 2005)
- Implementing and evaluating the policy (WHO, 2005)
- Mental Health in the Workplace: Example Accommodations (OSMI, 2016)
Section IV - Leadership Communication Tips 101
- Having “the conversation”:
- Section V - Leading by example: Companies doing it right
Section VI - Resources
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Association for Behavioral Health & Wellness (ABHW)
- American Psychiatric Association
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Employee Wellness Models
- Mental Health First Aid
- Changing your business culture
- Myths Surrounding Mental Illnesses
- American Psychological Association (extensive materials)
- Right-sizing your wellness plan
- 7 benchmarks to instituting an employee wellness approach
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control
- Mental Health Works
- Section VII - References
- OSMI Contributors
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.